Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out to the range to test out my new Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition!

I am happy to report that my Ruger LCP performed flawlessly. Granted that I only fired 50 rounds of Remington UMC 95gr FMJ and one magazine of Hornady American Gunner 90gr XTP, but for me that's enough to be confident in its ability to feed at least the two magazines I will be carrying on my person should the need to do so ever arise.
I shot it one-handed, two-handed, and even intentionally limp-wristed it, just to see if it would choke, but it fed every last round without issue.

The gun was a bit snappy, which comes as no surprise seeing as it's a 9oz gun firing .380 ACP, but it's not really uncomfortable to shoot. It will jump around in your hand if you don't grip it tightly, but it doesn't hurt. However, after shooting a full box of 50 rounds, I was no longer interested in shooting it because while it isn't painful to shoot, it's not really "fun" to shoot either.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my new LCP and can now carry it with confidence.

Reactions: ETS

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Glad your 1st outing went well. Plus, it is a handsome weapon.

Reactions: L.C. Peterson

·
Super Moderator
4,595 Posts
Thanks for sharing your range report with us. I Sounds like you had some fun shooting it.

Reactions: L.C. Peterson

·
Registered
186 Posts
Glad you are happy with your gun. The LCP s are a formidable close range weapon with the right load. Hope it gives you years of good service.
boo

·
Registered
226 Posts
I installed the Hogue grip sleeve on my generation two LCP and it solved the problem of the little gun twisting under recoil. I also carry w/the factory seven round mag for extra gripping surface.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts