Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my wife. She said when she gets her carry license she will only carry in a purse. They make purses with the holster opening in the side. You just reach into the side & pull out the gun. I noticed her jeans pockets are tiny, she can't stand appendix carry, said no to the belly band, shoulder holster or ankle carry. I'm aware that it's better to carry a gun on us rather than in a purse but I lost that debate so....what should she be looking for that I wouldn't know about gun purses? Are they all the same or some better than others? Thx. Oh, she will likely carry an LCR or LCRX in 38. She doesn't trust semi-autos. Too many malfunctions, limp-wristing & renting a few lousy guns at the range.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For my wife. She said when she gets her carry license she will only carry in a purse. They make purses with the holster opening in the side. You just reach into the side & pull out the gun. I noticed her jeans pockets are tiny, she can't stand appendix carry, said no to the belly band, shoulder holster or ankle carry. I'm aware that it's better to carry a gun on us rather than in a purse but I lost that debate so....what should she be looking for that I wouldn't know about gun purses? Are they all the same or some better than others? Thx. Oh, she will likely carry an LCR or LCRX in 38. She doesn't trust semi-autos. Too many malfunctions, limp-wristing & renting a few lousy guns at the range.
I recommend the Ruger LCP II .22LR Loaded with the new Federal Punch Ammo. I carry this as my back up and often carry it running errands to the store. I have used the .22 LR as a Nuisance Wild Life Control Operator for the past 10 years and have noticed the Coyotes and Feral Hogs I have exterminated easily with just one shot from the .22 LR .I used the CCI 40 grain Velocitor and have easily killed 400 pound Hogs from 50 yards with a 10/22 . But this out of a short barreled hand gun is slower at about 875 fps -900 fps but this new federal Punch Ammo exits a 2" barrel at 1180 fps hits hard penetrants deep leaving a wound channel comparable to the 38 special 2" snub nose .So from my past history with the .22LR I am comfortable with using it for self defense.

Reactions: Babbalou1956

·
Registered
466 Posts
*I lost the carry in purse debate...!
*My wife has opted to carry with a purse at times. I lost the debate but she is actually holstering IWB the past month.
*She has her S&W 642 and LCRx for daily. She has found a semi auto and it runs very well (LCPII22LR) after testing and 4 months of range/training time I noticed she is ok with it.
*Any SD ammo you carry should be tested for reliability and anything loaded in your firearm should be reliable HP, JHP, FMJ, RN. It just has to work and cycle your firearm of choice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
*I lost the carry in purse debate...!
*My wife has opted to carry with a purse at times. I lost the debate but she is actually holstering IWB the past month.
*She has her S&W 642 and LCRx for daily. She has found a semi auto and it runs very well (LCPII22LR) after testing and 4 months of range/training time I noticed she is ok with it.
*Any SD ammo you carry should be tested for reliability and anything loaded in your firearm should be reliable HP, JHP, FMJ, RN. It just has to work and cycle your firearm of choice.
I have fired 200 rounds of Federal Punch ammo in my LCPII .22 with out a problem an no malfunctions with the 29 grain flat point I was so impressed with this ammo I have all my .22 Handguns Pistol & Revolvers are loaded with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I once bought a girlfriend a purse as a gift...needless to say it was returned. Do not even try to understand the relationship between a girl and her purses. The best you can probably do is to pay for what SHE wants.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I once bought a girlfriend a purse as a gift...needless to say it was returned. Do not even try to understand the relationship between a girl and her purses. The best you can probably do is to pay for what SHE wants.
I read you! Then the belt and shoes will need to match. I never go there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She does like shooting my LCP .22 especially since I fixed the crunchy trigger. Since the first 50 rounds I've had zero malfunctions. She had 2 so she doesn't completely trust it. She doesn't understand the mechanics of guns so she doesn't know why they malfunction or how to clear them though I've gone through that many times. One things I saw on Youtube, gun purses can carry about anything! S&W 500 no problem if you don't mind the weight. My 3" Ruger LCRX might be perfect for her to carry. We both shoot it MUCH better than the 2". Recoil is different than the 2". Longer barrel & 3 finger grip so it's more of a push back than a snappy muzzle flip. Almost groups like a medium-frame service revolver. When she returns from her vacation in a week I'll show her what I've found online. There's dozens of styles & colors & they're probably all about the same functionally. We'll find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts