Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
kraigster414 said:
Are H&K's worth the hefty price they demand? Probably not to be honest.
They are absolutely worth it! Much cheaper than a custom 1911 and they are actually reliable out of the box!

Beautiful gun! Hogue grips look better tho ;D

· Registered
4,181 Posts
I don't know guys, all my other guns (Glocks, Sig, Nighthawk, Walthers) are reliable or I would not keep them But there is something about the HKs that puts them in a class by themselves. Still, I honestly don't believe I should have paid what I did but I am not going to lose sleep over it. They are super weapons and there is something to be said for pride of ownership. By the way, I have heard that Bill Springfield out in Colorado Springs does excellent trigger jobs on the HK's. On an LEM, he can reduce the pull down about one pound, smooth things up, and reduce the sear creep in the cocked mode and he's super fast.

· Registered
743 Posts
TheBroker said:
Here's a portion of my collection...although the Glock 19 no longer resides in my home. Bought it on a whim, didn't like it, sold it a week later...but happened to have it at the time I took this picture.

Didnt like the Glock 19 ??? I think you are the only person I have heard say that.

· Registered
100 Posts
RobR369 said:
Didnt like the Glock 19 ??? I think you are the only person I have heard say that.
I suppose it's just a chocolate/vanilla thing. I had never shot a Glock until I bought the one in the picture. I ran about 500 rounds through it,and just couldn't get used to the trigger. For the purpose it is intended, it is a perfect weapon. I have complete confidence in the G19 going bang every time the trigger is pulled. However, instead of a self-defense weapon, I bought it hoping for something to take to the range which was a little easier on the wallet than the H&K .45USPc I normally shoot. After what I figured was long enough to "get used to it", I still couldn't do any better than a five inch group at ten yards with the Glock. So...I sold it, and I'm going to put the money toward either an H&K or Sig, in 9mm.

· Registered
484 Posts
Well, some of you guys have some impressive photos. I like the actual staging a lot of you did; looks professional. I'll toss out a gear picture for you... I don't have any fancy pictures of my personal collection like you gentlemen do (and I sure did see some fine firearms!)...

-M4 w/
AN/PEQ-2 IR Laser/illuminator
Compact Thermal Scope
Back-up Iron Sight (under the sling)
-M9
-Junk knife for utility work
-Benchmade tanto auto opener for more delicate work
-Gerber (mans true best friend)
-Carrying handle/iron sight
-EOTech 555.A65
-M68 CCO (close combat optic) (also known as aimpoint red dot... OR... piece of junk)
-AN/PVS-7D night vision
-Surefire A2 Aviator (red/white)
-Surefire G3
-M67 Fragmentation Grenades (missing safety clips; substituted with 100mph tape)
-M18 Smoke Grenade
-16 30rd mags, 480rds M885

Had not yet received AN/PVS-14's (night vision monocle) and ACOG's at the time this picture was taken.

· Registered
2,204 Posts
anyone see that picture of the new Para black rifle. Like ost black rifles they all look the same but this puppy is really neat. $2300 alittle expensive but it sure is sweet looking. It was on the cover of shtogun news at wal-mart today. nice write up to, only bg complaint was over all price. I think Para is making it under someone else patent only adding some of their unique stuff to it..

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.