·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new puppy. Lab mix.

·
Registered
705 Posts
This is the love of my life :) She will be 12 next month. Shes a 4 + lb Yorkie, LIL BIT.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Slappy said:
Brand new puppy. Lab mix.

Puppys are the best. Nothing like puppy breath. They are so enjoyable, You will have a long time partner in that Lil guy.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Silly dogs... move over, the cats are here... ;D

Meet George (on the monitor) watching over little Lucy.

We had George for 12 years. This past April we had to let him go to sleep for the last time. He was a character, not your typical cat... a real Garfield, laid back and just took it easy. I think he was part dog at times. He would go on walks without a leash and stayed at our side, and never wandered away when let out in the back yard to catnap under the bushes. He never bolted and always had to be in sight of us. He knew a few commands like 'go home', 'get on the porch' and how to shake hands and play fetch. He was supposed to be my wife's lap kitty, but he really was my Boy.

George's passing opened the door for little Lucy.

We found her at the animal shelter and she adopted my wife in a split second. After looking and holding 5 or 6 other cats, she was the only one that really acted like she wanted to come home and take over the house. She is 180* different than the Boy... she runs everywhere, gets into all kinds of things, opens the sliding closet doors. Her nickname is the 'Streak'. Best of all she is my wife's little girl and follows her everywhere.

Note: Something I didn't know until we got Lucy... don't waste your time paying the high prices for puppies and kittens at Pet Smart. They get our furry friends from the animal shelters. You can do the same at the fraction of the cost you'd pay at Pet Smart.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I sure hate to hear the story about George,s passing.. I wouldnt know what to do,if I should lose my dog,Lil Bit.. And being 12 years old, is getting along in years. But the good news ,she had her shots and blood work last week,and is still very healthy. Again ,you had a very special cat in George.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, George was certainly a special cat! I know you miss him! "Streak" sounds like she needs a little more work ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks for the comments about George. And yes, he was a special guy... all 24 pounds of him. Lucy will never take is place, but then she has her own personality and brings joy into our home in her special way. She'll do just fine.

I told you the Boy had an atitude.... ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
This was the wife's little tag along, I'm not sure what he was, maybe some sort of alien space pod?

This is her dog, and no, the dog is not attacking, she likes to dance (and the dog is a better dancer than me for sure)

This guy was my best friend for 14 years.....

This was his last campfire, been 8 years since I lost him, still miss him.....

Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
665 Posts

Kehya and Jayda
They can make it to the fence in 2.8 seconds,
can you?​

·
Registered
73 Posts
I learned a long time a go that animal(best friends) adopt us and they will take 3-4 years to train us until we mellow out.

Ooben, my once in a life time best friend for 11 years, a German Shepard, passed 25 years a go and I still have dreams about him....it is always good to see him.

·
Registered
705 Posts
gcwimmer said:
I learned a long time a go that animal(best friends) adopt us and they will take 3-4 years to train us until we mellow out.

Ooben, my once in a life time best friend for 11 years, a German Shepard, passed 25 years a go and I still have dreams about him....it is always good to see him.
Its a sorrow that is tuff to let go of. We become attached to animals,because they become our best friends,they give affection and admiration with out expecting anything in return. It saddens me to hear these storys,as I know I will be facing it,and have lost many dear animal friends in my life time. I guess besides girls,guns,cars,Animals are right up there at the top too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I grew up with dogs.............married a cat lover.........kids, dogs cats and misc critters

my best friend, a cat of all things had to be put down 3 years ago (Kibben) a 24 lb watch dog

following year rescued an older cat and he has become the new friend..........all is well

he answers to "Hey you"

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Snobird... nice pics. Looks like our Lucy is going to grow up to look like your Kibben. And Hey You looks like he means business.

BTW, how do you add those attachments w/counter to your posts? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the comments......Hey You came from Maricopa Moonlight Madness event to rescue animals

the counters came when I click on "additional options" in the post reply window; that opens a menu allowing Attach: by browsing for my jpg

not very clear but best I can explain

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You can tell by looking in the eyes of Kibben he must have been a handfull... :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here are my two ladies at the lake. Both pit mixes.

They always stick together. Very loyal breed IMO.

On the boat

End of the day heading back to camp, all worn out!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I'd post a pic of my dogs but one is a foofoo dog and I'm embarrased. I tell everyone it's my wife's dog.

·
Registered
215 Posts
kraigster414 said:
I'd post a pic of my dogs but one is a foofoo dog and I'm embarrased. I tell everyone it's my wife's dog.
haha, does the breed contain the word "teacup" in it?? :-X

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
No it some [email protected]#$ thing called a Coton de Tulear (Cosmo). Cost us a friggin fortune and barely tolerates me. The other dog is an English Cocker (Riley), dumb as a tree stump (but sweet).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts