Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought the LC9s intending to pocket carry. It's about as small a 9mm as can be made with enough metal around the firing chamber to be safe.
I decided that a two finger hold in the grip was not a good idea, added the Garrison pinky extension, and it was no longer "pocketable" in jeans. Too much weight swinging in the leg pocket of cargo shorts.
Bought for a IWB kydex holster. Added a SOB OWB leather pancake holster, which works great under the tail of an untucked t-shirt that ends about six inches below the belt.

The difference between the currently available EC9s and discontinued LC9s is the removable/replaceable sights and the pattern (number, depth, width) of the serrations in the slide (grippy surface for racking). Used LC9s slides can be found on Ebay and GunBroker, sold individually or in parts sets.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The LC9s was my carry gun for 4 years. It’s a great pistol. Today I carry a Security 9 Compact IWB with a 19 round mag in the gum and a fifteen round mag in the pocket. Oddly, it is not that much bigger than an LC9s until you out the 15 round mag in it. Regardless of mag capacity it is certainly not a pocket carry gun, but I felt the same way abou the LC0s so I decided, if the pocket was about and the holster was it, I might as well go for more capacity.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like yourself I bought a Max for the sole purpose of pocket carry. It does fine for me in that method. I have tried a couple of other pistols but none carry as easy as the Max.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts