Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody had their LCP plated? how did it turn out, and what all did you have to do, to get it ready?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Remove the slide from the frame, remove the barrel and send it out to the shop of your choice. CCR-Refinishing will do it for $39 +8 for return shipping. Mine will be going there soon. John
( I hope this info is not against the rules. If so please delete)

·
Registered
211 Posts
yankee2500 said:
Remove the slide from the frame, remove the barrel and send it out to the shop of your choice. CCR-Refinishing will do it for $39 +8 for return shipping. Mine will be going there soon. John
( I hope this info is not against the rules. If so please delete)
+1 for CCR. Great guy to work with and he does awesome work!

·
Registered
76 Posts
WOW, that looks great. Can you take pictures from all sides. I may just do that. Very cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wish that one was mine and very soon mine might be its twin bro. ;) I saved that picture from another board a few months back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
wow that looks great! thanks for posting it up. I really wish there is a stainless slide available for the LCP, but that looks really good.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Man, that looks REALLY sharp! I want to do that!

·
Registered
86 Posts
That sure does look good, does it feel diffrent or anything like that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
found another pic off robar's website for there NP3 coating-
although it's alot more expensive then ccr refinishing...
I'll definitely be doing this when my LCP comes in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow, the plating really looks great and I hope this post isnt in the wrong place but what 'What is the best way to keep the blue on the slide?" I have several other handguns (only a High Standard that is blued) and was wondering what is the best way to keep the finish. I kind of like the blued finish.
thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
joe113- the best way to keep the blueing on a gun is to never put it in a holster! This is a carry gun, there will be some blueing wear no matter what... use it till it bothers you, then spend $40 bucks at CCR and get it refinished!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also would like to have my slide done, Is it safe to say the process is the same or not. It seems that CCR is the least expensive. I have never had one done before, but the pictures look great.

Thanks

McIver

·
Registered
13 Posts
I looked at a NAA Guardian because of the stainless construction, but went with the Ruger because it felt "right" to me.

Back in the "old" days (my first duty weopon was a revolver-didn't use pistols back then!) I had a "nickel" electrolis plated python that held up great.

I think I'll join the plating club and have mine done too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a Colt Gold Cup that I had hard chrome plated 20+yrs ago, still looks real good, it has been shot a lot but not carried much. John

·
Registered
47 Posts
Accurate Plating -Hard Chrome. The earliest plating of any LCP in America. Ok, I just made that up, but it had to be one of the first ones done back in early July.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts