Ruger Pistol Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Most LCPs are very reliable. Most issues manifest themselves from the start or after high round count. They are shoot little, carry a lot guns mainly.YMMV
Good to know. Getting up in age and I like carrying small revolvers and small 9mm's. The LCP/380 for me after training and weekly testing would not be a range gun. I would not have to keep a high round count. Just enough to get to know the firearm and maintenance rounds. The reason I ask is I see a lot of friends with them and several use them as back up guns. The price is reasonable too. There is a group at the range that shoot the snot out of them and they never complain. I will wait and see, I just seen a LC9s in burnt bronze the other day and I may need to get one.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Some buy 2 LCPs . One for training and one for carry ( after determining it's reliability)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'd show my LC9, but it is about to be put in the safe. The Sig P365 is just about to replace it. I'll post some pictures of it after I build the holster for it.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I'd show my LC9, but it is about to be put in the safe. The Sig P365 is just about to replace it. I'll post some pictures of it after I build the holster for it.
Can't wait to see pics of your Sig./custom holster, which will probably involve some exotic leather.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yes, I'm leaning towards black elephant with an antique elephant accent/mouth reinforcement. Elephant and shark just don't wear very much and look good for many years!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Yes, I'm leaning towards black elephant with an antique elephant accent/mouth reinforcement. Elephant and shark just don't wear very much and look good for many years!
Now he tells me!

Hush, my heart....have to wait for the pics.

Reactions: mukwah

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had my LC9s Pro for 4 years now, and it's still my favorite. I think I have spent at least twice as much as I paid for the gun on extra mags and accessories:
4 extra magazines (including 2 extended), Hi-Viz LiteWave Fiber-Optic sights, an ArmaLaser TR9G Green laser sight, a Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove,
Garrison Extra Long Grip Extensions, MagGuts Magazine Inserts, a Powder River Precision Trigger Kit, and a Pelican fitted case.

lc9.jpg

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've had my LC9s Pro for 4 years now, and it's still my favorite. I think I have spent at least twice as much as I paid for the gun on extra mags and accessories:
4 extra magazines (including 2 extended), Hi-Viz LiteWave Fiber-Optic sights, an ArmaLaser TR9G Green laser sight, a Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove,
Garrison Extra Long Grip Extensions, MagGuts Magazine Inserts, a Powder River Precision Trigger Kit, and a Pelican fitted case.

View attachment 13862
Very nice setup. They just grow on you somehow. That rig is a good one and a keeper if you like this platform and I do. I missed this post somehow. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally Posted by lws380

Go with the shark. One less of those legless bastard’s to get me!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, don’t know if the picture will show but we’ll try. My edc is my 4+ year old LC9S pro. Just came off a warm vacation week with it in a viridian reactor holster. First time I’ve had this on my slide and it is a bit deep. Wonder what’s in that holster that it rusted so fast. This is the first summer using that holster.
Rubbed it hard with oil. Still working great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Wow, pretty bad. Actually deserves to be in a separate thread for further comments.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes that is quite a bit of corrosion and it deserves a thread on its own. My EC9s last year had minimal rust starting in barrel and just a little from holster wear on the outside. and I started using "Break Free CLP" after each range session and have had no issues since. The LC9sPro in the pic does look like it is a bit deep. Good luck mr.paul those LC9sPros's are worth keeping(they work well) and let us know how you come out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, I couldn't leave well enough alone. This Christmas, I gave my LC9s Pro more presents.
I swapped out my HiVis Fiber Optics for TruGlo TFX sights (Fiber Optic/Tritium Night Sights),
replaced the trigger return spring with the new reduced tension spring from MCARBO,
(in combination with the PRP Trigger Kit, It averages under 3.5 lbs.)
and swapped out my old carry ammo for Federal HST 124 Grain JHP.

lc9s.jpg
test2.jpg

·
Registered
465 Posts
I like my LC9s much better than the LC9. The striker-fire system suits me betta, along with a few modifications:

Getting shed of the magazine disconnect was the first mod:

The Hogue grip sleeve is a more comfortable way to go for me.
Then, this sharp edge on the grip frame, just in front of the trigger was annoying to deal with, pinching my finger as the trigger returned:

A smooth cut file rounded that edge and my trigger finger is now, very happy:

61 - 75 of 75 Posts