Ruger Pistol Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah tell me about it....I've fired thousands of rounds through various guns since I bought it for her, but shes adamant that she gets to shoot it first, "its her gun" she says :) and rightfully so.... she has yet to get out to the range with me though I've tried numerous times but it always conflicts with her girly stuff she has planned or whatever...

I have dry fired it and the trigger seems really light, just a little while ago before I shot the pics I dry fired it a few times as well as my kahr and man does it seem light..... I've been itching to shoot this thing since the last week of August when I sold her old one and bought this one....... :(
Right after picking up my LC9s, grabbed a box of PMC ammo and headed to the range with my brother to give a go. I had no problem with the trigger since I have a couple Glocks with trigger that light. Handed it to my brother to run a couple mags through, and with the first mag he had a couple unintended double-taps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer friend is looking for one (LC9s standard) for me. Does that count? I don't think I can post a picture until I get to five posts. Even then, I can't post a picture of a future handgun! Posting a Sig, XDM, Colt, or Glock would be out of line. Soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How about a really positive review?

I've had my LC9s (Pro) since mid-February. It was test-fired 2/2/15. It now has over 1,000 rounds through it. None are factory loads; I shoot only handloads. These are the same I use in IDPA and USPSA matches in my CZs and Berettas -- 124 gr plated round nose bullet over either 4.9 gr of Unique or 4.1 gr of Bullseye with Federal primers. These loads are slightly softer than most factory loads. At right around 1100 fps (in a CZ 75B) it's a "Power Factor" of about 133. A PF of 125 is minimum requirement for "Minor" classification is USPSA. At least 120 is required by IDPA. So, while these are not powder puffs, they're not hot, either.

I have used this little pistol in four IDPA matches as a CCP (Compact Carry Pistol) and once as a BUG (Back Up Gun). I've done the rest of the shooting on the range and plinking at home. And I've dry-fired it a gazillion times. I've had no malfunctions.

There have been complaints from others about LC9s extractors. Mine is fine and holds the case tightly again the breech face. It ejects the cases reasonably close together about 12 feet away just past my right shoulder. There also have been complaints about releasing magazines accidentally or way too easily. Mine holds my four USA-made magazines so firmly that I have to press the release with my weak-hand thumb. I can't do it with my strong hand thumb as I can with all my larger semi-autos. This is fine with me. And, some have complained that their feed ramp was like a wash board. Mine came with a mirror finish.

Some have pointed out that the bluing on the top of the faceted breech area of the barrel wears. It does. I addressed the problem by polishing the breech and entire barrel. I like the way it looks and it does away with the problem.

One final opinion . . . My LC9s has a 4½ pound release. That's way too light [for me] to consider carrying this pistol in my pocket or an IWB holster. (I carry it in an OWB holster in IDPA matches.) So, for me, this is a "game gun," not a CCW for defensive purposes. For that I'd much prefer an old-fashioned LC9. As one who has six Berettas and two CZs that are DA/SA and eight S&W revolvers, I don't find the older LC9 trigger objectionable.

Just my take. Here are some photos.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice polish on barrel, does it make it more susceptible to rust?
No, for two reasons. First, rust has a very difficult time getting started on a polished surface. Second, because I care enough about the appearance of my LC9s to polish the barrel you can bet I attend to its appearance regularly enough guarantee it will never rust.

I don't mean to offend anyone but the only guns that rust are those that are neglected.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, for two reasons. First, rust has a very difficult time getting started on a polished surface. Second, because I care enough about the appearance of my LC9s to polish the barrel you can bet I attend to its appearance regularly enough guarantee it will never rust.

I don't mean to offend anyone but the only guns that rust are those that are neglected.
And yet there had to be a way for you to answer without sounding like a jerk. You decided not to do so.

A simple "just take care of it and you're good" would have sufficed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
And yet there had to be a way for you to answer without sounding like a jerk. You decided not to do so.

A simple "just take care of it and you're good" would have sufficed.
Pardon me. I did not intend to offend and, rereading my reply, I don't see where I did.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pardon me. I did not intend to offend and, rereading my reply, I don't see where I did.
I made a comment in admiration of your gun. Instead of saying thanks and simply answering my query you insinuated that I don't have the same concern for the cleanliness of my weapon. Telling me, and others on this forum, to be sure to clean the gun was unnecessary. Then instead of apologizing and perhaps reclarifying your statement you insist nothing was awry.
You are either a) young; 2) from the North; or tertiary, from Europe. There is no way that a rational person could be as obtuse as you.

As you can see, I am throwing some satire in there but satire always has a kernel of truth. I have friends who are jerks, as is evident in this thread I can be one too.
Please accept my offer of peace and prosperity.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I accept it and extend my apology for offending you, which was totally unintentional. Yes, I am from the north. As for my youth, I'm 72.
Lol, again let me express admiration for your worksmanship. I may end up polishing mine. Any ideas on what can be done to snaz up the slide?

And so as not to stay off topic, here are my sights with Glow On. More gimmicky than anything but I'll see how it turns out.

Already removed the Glow On, it was absolutely worthless for replacing night sights.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts