Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) I received the 4 mag .grip extensions I ordered from Pearce today. I am very pleased with the fit, and the feel, when holding my LCP. It gives one a more complete impression of control, of both the point of aim, and also recoil. A worth while investment. Have a great day, Gary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
+1 it's a complete different gun with the extension. Much easier to hold and control with a solid "two" finger grip/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I also received my extensions today. Very nice product and fit!

I do have one question though... There were two "spacers" that came with the packaging, what these used for? The only thing I can think of is additional space between the mag spring/base and the extension. Why would this be needed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
mike6ds said:
I also received my extensions today. Very nice product and fit!

I do have one question though... There were two "spacers" that came with the packaging, what these used for? The only thing I can think of is additional space between the mag spring/base and the extension. Why would this be needed?
Hey Mike, I wondered that too .... I didn't want to mess with the original spring bases because they were attached to the springs. I put them into my miscellaneous jar on the loading bench...until someone tells me otherwise.

SK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
SandraKaye said:
mike6ds said:
I also received my extensions today. Very nice product and fit!

I do have one question though... There were two "spacers" that came with the packaging, what these used for? The only thing I can think of is additional space between the mag spring/base and the extension. Why would this be needed?
Hey Mike, I wondered that too .... I didn't want to mess with the original spring bases because they were attached to the springs. I put them into my miscellaneous jar on the loading bench...until someone tells me otherwise.

SK
Thats three of us wondering. I left the stock one on the spring and just slipped on the extension. The nub on the replacements were much shorter and I didn't want to take a chance on loosing the base,spring and six rounds
Did Pearce make an extension for the Kel Tec? Maybe these will fit them, using this spacer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
SandraKaye said:
Hey Mike, I wondered that too .... I didn't want to mess with the original spring bases because they were attached to the springs. I put them into my miscellaneous jar on the loading bench...until someone tells me otherwise.

SK
I did notice the nipple on the supplied base fit a lot better than the original. I thought it might just slide between the old base but the magazine didn't want to easily lock in....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Yeah, that little spacer (floor plate?) replaces the stock one. The nub on it fits better with the extension and doesn't allow the extension to slide back and forth as much. In my case, the jury's still out on the extension. I don't like the way it pokes thru my jeans in my Nemeses so I'm using my SuperFly. With the Nemeses my wife keeps asking me if I have a gun in my pocket or am I just glad to see her? ;D
I need to shoot the gun with the extension to see if it's worth it. To me, it does compromise concealability somewhat and I was used to shooting it with a one fingered grip. We'll see. I'm going to have to experiment some. It didn't cost me the ranch so what the heck.
Crazylegs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Crazylegs said:
Yeah, that little spacer (floor plate?) replaces the stock one. The nub on it fits better with the extension and doesn't allow the extension to slide back and forth as much. In my case, the jury's still out on the extension. I don't like the way it pokes thru my jeans in my Nemeses so I'm using my SuperFly. With the Nemeses my wife keeps asking me if I have a gun in my pocket or am I just glad to see her? ;D
I need to shoot the gun with the extension to see if it's worth it. To me, it does compromise concealability somewhat and I was used to shooting it with a one fingered grip. We'll see. I'm going to have to experiment some. It didn't cost me the ranch so what the heck.
Crazylegs
After reading your post about the Pearce spacer plate being tighter in the hole I did swap my stock plate for the one that came with the extension, however I still wish the nub were a little longer so it would fit further into the hole.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top