Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this sight job on a P3AT - WOW!: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1221785562

I sent an inquiry to the Gunsmith to see if the LCP can be done as well - we'll see - I sure hope so, cause I'd sure like to have a set of these sights that included a night sight on the front!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Wow, that has been my main complaint about the LCP (as I'm sure everyone is well aware of ;) ) I know some will say why, the LCP is what it is, short range defensive pistol only, not good for more than a few feet. However, the LCP is capable of much more than "stick it in the belly and pull the trigger" type of accuracy. I bought the CT laser to help me get over my sight envy I have with all the other handguns I own that actually have sights that are usable, I'm eagerly wating for more info, thanks for sharing!
Regards,
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
They look good! I cant tell, is the rear sight plastic or metal?

Also what is the "false reset" issue he had fixed. He mentioned that it plagued the LCP too... ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know details about the sights yet. When the gunsmith replies to my inquiry, I'll ask him about materials, etc.

As for the "false reset" - Dry fire your LCP - keep the trigger pulled back - rack the slide - slowly release the trigger. As you do this, you'll hear two clicks. If you do this again, then dry fire after hearing the first click, but before the second click, you'll see that the gun will fire from the half-cocked position and produce a "light strike," which may or may not fire the round. SO, you must make sure that both clicks happen for the trigger to reset. I had this problem when I first got my LCP and figured it out - not a big deal really. If you don't know what it even is, probably no problem for you either. Still, Ruger should certainly have known about this as it was well publicized with the Kel Tec P3AT, so they could have designed it out. Kel Tec has.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
I don't pick mine up until tomorrow so I dont actually have it to play with yet. I will check it out then. Thanks for the info!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, yes, these sights can be added to the LCP. Cost is $135, 4-6 week turn around. I'm going to have it done, and I'll come back and post pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
funbobby522 said:
OK, yes, these sights can be added to the LCP. Cost is $135, 4-6 week turn around. I'm going to have it done, and I'll come back and post pics.
Is that with or without the front night sight? I showed the wifey pictures of the sights, she just rolled her eyes and walked away, I'm going to take that as a "Go ahead and get them dear" Well, she didn't say no........ ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that's with the front night sight. Hey, I love when they do the rolley-eye thing, it's like they're saying, "I don't know where to file that in my brain," which confirms that I'm on the right track as a guy! Burp!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
funbobby522 said:
Yes, that's with the front night sight. Hey, I love when they do the rolley-eye thing, it's like they're saying, "I don't know where to file that in my brain," which confirms that I'm on the right track as a guy! Burp!
Belch, yep, that's right! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
So, is it back yet, huh, huh, is it? Got any pics yet? ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL! ;D This guy is very cool. I told him that I didn't want to be without my gun for 4-6 weeks, so, he put my job in his waiting line, and he'll let me know when to ship the gun so it'll be gone for only about 5 days. In the meantime, I need to pay him now. Very happy with this way of doing business. I'll keep y'all posted!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
So Bob, are you going to send the complete pistol or just the slide? I suppose it would be kind of difficult to calibrate the sights with out the complete setup.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
I e-mailed him and here is the reply.

John wrote:
> Can you do a rear sight install on a Ruger LCP? If so how much ? John

Reply
John,
For a tritium front and standard rear sight including refinishing
the slide will be $130.00 plus return S&H. Let us know if we can help.
Regards,
Phillip

Sounds pretty good to me. John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Yankee - That price is $5 cheaper than I was quoted for the same job and there was no mention of refinishing the slide. I sent him an e-mail so we'll see, as he wants me to ship my slide and barrel next week. Will keep y'all posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
funbobby522 said:
Thanks Yankee - That price is $5 cheaper than I was quoted for the same job and there was no mention of refinishing the slide. I sent him an e-mail so we'll see, as he wants me to ship my slide and barrel next week. Will keep y'all posted.
Hey Bob, so you don't have to send the whole pistol, just the slide and barrel? That's good news....
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
yankee2500 said:
I e-mailed him and here is the reply.

John wrote:
> Can you do a rear sight install on a Ruger LCP? If so how much ? John

Reply
John,
For a tritium front and standard rear sight including refinishing
the slide will be $130.00 plus return S&H. Let us know if we can help.
Regards,
Phillip

Sounds pretty good to me. John
any photos of this site job on an lcp so one can preview them????
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top