Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whee! It's always a good day when you get to buy a brand new gun. I saw this advertised in the paper, he said it had never been fired and he would take the first reasonable offer.....



I offered him $400 thinking that he would laugh at me, I was right, he laughed. I was the first one to offer money, everyone else wanted to trade their 1984 Yugo sedan or something similar. He brought it over to work so I could take a look at it, before I even put it back in the box he had $400 in his hand. He bought it for his wife, she couldn't rack the slide, he hadn't even put a round into the mag. It even had that new gun smell to it. I'm hoping to get some opinions about this pistol, don't worry about bursting my bubble, at the price I paid for it I think I could put a little into it to hot rod it if I have to.... ;D ;D ;D
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
Mike, would you take a 1975 Plymouth Volare for it in trade?

Let us know how it shoots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
A happy day indeed!!! Looks like a real no nonsense carry .45ACP to me. What brand is it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
That is sweet...What a deal :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
I have a 17 year ol trolling motor used "once" :-\ and a boat trailer with no boat, two yorkies, would have t have some "boot" but you should not be caught dead with that gun. Now we here in Indiana, who have no pride wll try to work out a trade with you. PM me if interested. better hurry one yorkie is not doing well and might not make it past the weekend.. ;D ;D


Damn nice gun, u stole it, u didn't buy it..... :'( :'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
jocko said:
I have a 17 year ol trolling motor used "once" :-\ and a boat trailer with no boat, two yorkies, would have t have some "boot" but you should not be caught dead with that gun. Now we here in Indiana, who have no pride wll try to work out a trade with you. PM me if interested. better hurry one yorkie is not doing well and might not make it past the weekend.. ;D ;D


Damn nice gun, u stole it, u didn't buy it..... :'( :'(
WANTED FOR GRAND THEFT AUTOmatic: Ooben (Caution! Subject is armed and very happy)

OK Mike, I am upping the anty - a '76 Dodge Aspen but that's my final offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
I think those compact 45s are too cool! I'd never trade my USPc 45 for one, but I'd love to add one to my arsonal. I just like 'em! Good nuff reason for me! ;D

That WartHog looks awesome too in that other thread...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys, as tempting as all the offers have been (especially the 75 Volare, does it have the 225 slant six, maybe three on the tree?) after I shot it today, I think it is definitely going to be a keeper!
Other than this,



it shot like a dream! I found out I can't hold it quite as high on the grip as I can my Colt, I had forgotten how much a hammer bite hurts :eek: On a side note, today was the first time I did a little fun shooting with my LCP and CT combo, what a blast! I was able to keep a Dr. Pepper can bouncing all over my secret gravel pit, almost as fast as I could pull the trigger. Oh, Outlaw the 45 is a Springfield Armory Ultra Compact, same size as the Colt Officers model...
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
sorry Mike, but man law 101, if something draws blood on you, you need to pass it on ;D I would hate to see you lose a digit. ;D I think you should just send it to me now before it gets any worse ;D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RobR369 said:
sorry Mike, but man law 101, if something draws blood on you, you need to pass it on ;D I would hate to see you lose a digit. ;D I think you should just send it to me now before it gets any worse ;D ;D
The wife has given me a split lip before (yes, I deserved it) do you want her to? No wait, I see her coming with a fry pan, where the heck is the delete key.... :eek: :eek: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
696 Posts
LOL... Ok on second thought, keep the gun, keep the wife, send the frying pan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's some size comparison shots....

Colt Government Issue...


Charter Arms Bulldog...


And of course my LCP...


I shot both handloaded 230gr hardball and 200gr SWC with out a hiccup, I need to shoot a bunch more before it replaces my Bulldog ;D
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Ooben said:
I shot both handloaded 230gr hardball and 200gr SWC with out a hiccup, I need to shoot a bunch more before it replaces my Bulldog ;D

Mike
Okay I'll donate a couple of boxes of ammo so you can get comfortable with your new .45, then you can send me the Bulldog!!! Sounds fair enough to me.... ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've had it less than a week, already pimping it out. I have a problem, I need help........Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm a gunaholic.......

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Ooben said:
I've had it less than a week, already pimping it out. I have a problem, I need help........Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm a gunaholic.......

Is that the same gun that you bought for $400 the other day ?????????????
Where are the platinium spinners????????????????? looks nice how does it shoot????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
xenicintelligence said:
Is that the same gun that you bought for $400 the other day ?????????????
Where are the platinium spinners????????????????? looks nice how does it shoot????
Can you give me a part number on the spinners? :) I only have about 50 rounds through it so far, none shot at paper. It does a pretty good darn job of bouncing a Dr. Pepper can...... ;D
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Ooben said:
Here's some size comparison shots....

Colt Government Issue...


Charter Arms Bulldog...


And of course my LCP...


I shot both handloaded 230gr hardball and 200gr SWC with out a hiccup, I need to shoot a bunch more before it replaces my Bulldog ;D
Mike
My CS9 vs LCP http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m246/Roger_026/380vs9mm0002.jpg[/IMG]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have said it before, here's the proof, I just can't leave anything alone, always have to be fiddling...


After getting bit by the hammer the first time I shot it, I decided I had to have a beavertail grip safety...


I turned a pair of little guides out of aluminum so I could grind the grip tangs to the correct radius for the beavertail safety...


Once I got it close I used some machinist blue to show the high spots that needed worked on...


Here's the finished radius...


I still need to do some more work to blend the frame to the safety...


Had to re-profile the hammer so it would fit in the pocket on the safety, I think I will get a Commander style hammer for it later...

I bought a can of black Gun-kote from Brownell's to refinish the pistol once I'm satisfied with the fitting...although, I have to brag a little, went to my local gun shop to compare my work with a Springfield they had, I was pleased to see my gaps were tighter than the factory fitting :D
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To continue the epic saga of my attempt to ruin a perfectly good pistol I have some new pics to add...


I finally got the contour I was hoping for, took way longer than it probably should have...didn't want to have to put metal back on the pistol




I rounded the bottom of the mainspring housing because Ed Brown doesn't make a bobtail housing for the Officer sized 1911. I'm going to attempt spraying some Gun-Kote on the pieces and parts, if that works I'll do the frame and slide next...
Mike
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top