Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how you feel about this but I was really surprised and offended when I turned to page 65 of their Feb 09 catalog and saw replica knives embossed with Nazi swasticas. These items have no collectors value, more than likely are made in China, and leave a bad taste in my mouth. I called them up, no apology, basically got a "too bad, so sad." Not one to let matters die, I sent the following email to [email protected] (customer service):

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have been a long time customer of CTD but will no longer order anything from you based on what I saw on page 65 in your February 2009 catalog. The replica knives featuring the Nazi swastica (a symbol of hate) are extremely offensive to many regardless of your disclaimer that you do not support the message portrayed. These items unlike the originals, have no collectors value and there is absolutely no reason why you need to add to your product line nor does it portray CTD in a positive light.

I intend to mention this to my fellow shooters and at the online gun forums I participate in - I suspect many will share my view and be puzzled by your actions. Please take my name and email address off your mailing list. I no longer wish to receive your catalogs. Thank you, (name) customer number XXXXXXXX.

Too many other places online to shop. I don't need their bargain slingshots, leather whips or their tactcial entry vests. Virtually everything good they sell can be obtained elsewhere.

CTD's phone number is 1-800-421-8047 if you want to call. Insist on speaking to a manager.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I'm with you 100%. I am offended too. Will no longer buy their goods no matter the cost. Too much trouble and hatered in the world, why add to it. Thanks for bring this to our attention.
Finaddict

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I urge everyone who feels the same way to let cheaperthandirt.com know. In today's business environment you would think they would want to hold on to their existing customer base, better yet grow it, certainly not reduce it. Call, e-mail and let others know. There is nothing of any value in their catalog that you can't purchase elsewhere, in some cases for less money.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree,Most of there items are overpriced. I stopped buying from them early last year.after i read this I called the 800# they do not seam to think that there is a problem. I asked also to be removed from there mailing list.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the sad part...they don't seem to think there is a problem. When they get enough complaints, they may come to the conclusion it's a problem - some people are slow learners.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's unfortunate. But if in DFW, TX, keep in mind that the CTD store is not affiliated with the website/mail-order company. They were nice guys at the store and I would buy from them if I lived there (was visiting my dad)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.