Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would share what I have as a new user.
I have an LC9 with the following modifications:
Williams Gun Sight Company fiber optic sights. I love them but wish there was a bit more air between the sides of the front and rear sights when sighted in.
Magazine disconnect removed.
Firing pin hole slightly chamfered to prevent brass shavings from the primer causing light strikes. I only had this issue with Underwood +p ammo but chamfering fixed the problem. Prior to this it was actually cutting holes through all my primers from the Underwood ammo.
Shortened loaded chamber indicator to no more than a nub
twisted industries .22lr conversion. I bought this right before the ammo shortage so it is pretty much pointless considering the only .22 I can find is CCI stinger for $8.99 a box of 50. Considering I can buy TulAmmo for $10 a box of 9mm that functions fine, I can't really justify shooting 22.
Overall I love the LC9 and I haven't had any issues since the firing pin hole was chamfered.

My daily carry is now my LCP my wife bought me for Valentines day as seen below . I have to say, I love shooting it. The trigger is just phenomenal in these unofficial second gen LCPs. It is heavy, but short and crisp with no grit. It is sitting in an Uncle Mike's wallet holster that I modified to hold a spare magazine. Is the spare mag practical where it is located? Maybe not, but I don't like empty space so I put it to use. :)

Handgun holster Starting pistol Gun accessory Revolver

Just realized this probably isn't in the right section. Maybe considering the holster mention it can slide... sorry anyways.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
It is sitting in an Uncle Mike's wallet holster that I modified to hold a spare magazine. Is the spare mag practical where it is located? Maybe not, but I don't like empty space so I put it to use. :)

View attachment 5212
Welcome from Missouri. Glad to have you with us.

Clever idea on the holster mod. To answer your question: As long as you can get a good grip on the LCP when you draw it, I think the location of the spare mag is fine. If you ever need to use it, you would already have the LCP drawn. The downside would be having to draw the spare mag with your strong hand which would probably be holding the gun at that point. A weak hand draw for the mag may be a little more efficient, but I see quite a few holster offerings with attached mag holders. I like it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Unless you practice switching the gun to your "weak" hand for the reload, under stress you will most likely be "all thumbs".

Try it and you will understand quickly. Please use an UNLOADED gun and spare mag when you first try this. If you want to you can learn to reload in this fashion.

I would suggest a second spare mag carried on your "weak" side, for a quick reload.

Just my not so humble opinion :biggrin-new:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts