Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Glad to see another P89DC owner.

The aftermarket mostly ignored these, so there is not a whole lot that can be done without custom machine work.
Not a lot of off-the-shelf stuff available: Grips, springs (hammer, firing pin, and recoil), and sights (night and elevation adjustable).
There appears to be some cross compatibility with the levers and triggers with the P94 and P97 with the post-1992/1993 P89 models, after they started making the safety model and when they started putting the ambidextrous levers on the decocker models
Not a lot of off-the-shelf holsters. Quite a few leather holster makers can make them after receiving an order. Holster models are becoming more difficult to get for anyone who does not already have one.

Tips:

Pre-1992 non-ambidextrous models use the P85 magazines.
Post-1992 ambidextrous models use the newer magazines.
MecGar magazines fit both.
Promag does not have a wonderful reputation for P Series magazines.

The front sight is pinned in the old school firearm fashion. It takes a gunsmith to remove, drill, and install a new front sight. The pins are smaller than 1/16 inch.
When removing the rear sight, do so in a clean and uncluttered area, so that it is easier to track down the spring and plunger when they shoot out from under the rear sight.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Afternoon and thanks for the info. Mostly I just wanted some general info on what kind of upgrades were available if any. I guess for now I will just stick to making the gun look nicer by adding newer grips.

· Registered
LCP® 380Auto, LC9® 9x19, Blackhawk® x2 41 Magnum
50 Posts
Welcome to rugerpistolforums.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts