Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered Pearce Grip Extensions and Crimson Trace LG-431 from this forum's store on January 15th. They arrived today, Friday, January 23rd.

The fingers of both my hands fit nicely in the new groove provided by the extension -- not too tight.

The LG-431's are sighted out to 50' at the factory. I might bring it in to 30', not sure yet.

Sent Ruger my information for the recall on 11-26-08; still waiting for my box.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did the same thing. The extension that comes from Ruger feels better to me, there is to much room for two fingers on the Pearce Grip Extension. Don't seem to notice the difference at the range, but when dry firing it the laser dot moves around a lot more.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Looks good, let us know how it shoots :)
Mike

·
Registered
609 Posts
casteal said:
I did the same thing. The extension that comes from Ruger feels better to me, there is to much room for two fingers on the Pearce Grip Extension. Don't seem to notice the difference at the range, but when dry firing it the laser dot moves around a lot more.
The dot moves around a lot more with WHICH type of grip extension???

I have the Ruger extension. My 3 fingers fit nicely into it and the 4th finger folds under nicely. Looking at the pictures, I can see that there is no way that all 4 fingers will fit on the Pearce any more than they do on the Ruger type.

Seems to me that it would be better to have a nice 3 finger purchase on the handle with the 4th supporting - than to have all 4 fingers on the grip with the little finger just barely hanging on.

Anyway, again - which brand moves around the most for you????

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Ruger one is just a little bit shorter than the Pearce. The Ruger seems to hold my middle two fingers tight with the little finger under the lip as a support. The Pearce extender gives enough room that my grip on the pistol may not be the same every time. For me the Ruger is a bit crowed, and the Pearce is a bit to roomy for two fingers. I prefer crowded.

·
Registered
609 Posts
casteal said:
............The Ruger seems to hold my middle two fingers tight with the little finger under the lip as a support.......................
I agree! There's really no way that I'm going to get a full 3 finger grip even with the longer Pearce grips. That being the case, the way the shorter Ruger holds the top 2 fingers snugly is a vehicle for the keeping of my laser button finger in the correct place during shooting.

The moving of the laser button finger has been an ongoing complaint on the laser lasered LCP's and (for me at least) the Ruger extended grip keeps that from happening. Perhaps those without the laser button don't care about this. But those of us who have the laser do.

My little finger ends up supporting things - but there's no other choice with either type of grip extender - at least with my size hands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ccwguy said:
Ordered Pearce Grip Extensions and Crimson Trace LG-431 from this forum's store on January 15th. They arrived today, Friday, January 23rd.

Very nice!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.