Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted an interesting NEW "Distributor" Mark IV version when perusing the Ruger web-site. This version of the Ruger Mark III was not a big seller, so it was discontinued from production:

Interesting enough, this new distributor version just might catch on, now that uppers can easily be moved from one Mark IV grip frame and onto another:

I will be ordering one ASAP!

Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
10 Posts
I spotted an interesting NEW "Distributor" Mark IV version when perusing the Ruger web-site. This version of the Ruger Mark III was not a big seller, so it was discontinued from production:

Interesting enough, this new distributor version just might catch on, now that uppers can easily be moved from one Mark IV grip frame and onto another:

Here is my Talo version with the 5” barrel

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your pic didn't show up. Do you have the Mark III with the 5-inch Hunter barrel? They didn't make very many of those either and I gave up looking for one of those.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Talo 5” version
Your pic didn't show up. Do you have the Mark III with the 5-inch Hunter barrel? They didn't make very many of those either and I gave up looking for one of those.
Hi
I have the Mark IV with the 5” Hunter fluted barrel. Could not figure out how to post pics. I started a gallery but that was a far as I got LOL

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Talo 5” version

Hi
I have the Mark IV with the 5” Hunter fluted barrel. Could not figure out how to post pics. I started a gallery but that was a far as I got LOL
Does it look like this one?:

This is the only Hunter version I know of, other than the 4 ½ inch new Mark IV version. Anyway, that Mark IV Hunter is a really nice one.

Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does it look like this one?:

This is the only Hunter version I know of, other than the 4 ½ inch new Mark IV version. Anyway, that Mark IV Hunter is a really nice one.
No, I have tried numerous times to post and can’t figure it out. Anyone out there that can assist me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try going with a picture hosting site, like "photobucket" or "imjur". They will hold your photos until you need one and then assist with moving the pictures to where you want to drop one. Most sites are still free.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try going with a picture hosting site, like "photobucket" or "imjur". They will hold your photos until you need one and then assist with moving the pictures to where you want to drop one. Most sites are still free.
PhotoBucket works, but I wasn't' very happy with the layout and user friendliness. Now they put that big logo across your pictures unless you pay a heavy fee to "join" their wonderful club.

There's an easier way that you control directly. Open "My Computer - C Drive and look at the top line. (this has worked for me all the way from Windows 98 thru all of them to the current Windows 10)

If it says, File, Home, Share, View, Drive Tools.....you're in business and I can easily walk you thru the process. I have over 100,000 pictures on file - my own files, under MY control - and can access any of them quickly and easily without any 3rd party logo marring them, The only catch is that you'll need to remember about when you took a specific picture, but it's still easy to scan a year's worth at a time.

On that top bar in C Drive, click on Home, then look across the top at your choices. Should see, about half way along, "New Folder," Click that and look for the new folder. Right click to highlight it, click Rename and name it "Pictures." Drag and drop it to your desktop for quick and easy access in future.

Open it and it'll be a blank page. Click on new folder again and a blank folder, "New Folder" will appear. On mine, I would name it "2021." Open that one - folder within a folder and click New Folder yet again.

Yesterday I took my dog for a walk at Flying Eagle Preserve and watched some airboats doing their thing, so took a few pictures.

When I got home, I opened 2021, and re-named New Folder "3-30 Flying Eagle Airboats," then opened it. (that naming, with the month first causes Windows to automatically put them in numerical sequence. It really helps)

Opened my camera on a separate page, then dragged and dropped the day's photos into the new 3-31 page. (or you can copy and paste. Both work) Now they're in my confuser and I can edit them however I like.

Once they're in there, go to the top bar again and click "View." On left top, you'll see "Preview Pane" and "Detail Pane." Click Preview Pane and you'll get a list of your photos down the left side and a preview of which ever one you highlight on the right. To the right of the list, move the cursor slowly across and it'll "catch," then you can left click and drag the pane wider or narrower as you choose. Also in View, choose how large you want the list presented. I generally like Extra Large.

To post a picture here, click the picture icon in the Ruger Forum lower task bar, then drag and drop the one you want from the left side list on your page onto the Ruger page. Boom ! ! ! Done.

Not sure if this sounds complicated - it's not and you'll very quickly smooth out with it. To me, after all this time, it's 2nd nature.

I have annual folders going clear back to 1998 and dozens of sub-headings for each year....and as I said, over 100,000 photos - somewhere up around 130,000 or 140,000 now, I think, all neatly categorized and quickly find-able. I also put in a "General" page and a "Hold" page in each year for odds and ends. Let me know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
PhotoBucket works, but I wasn't' very happy with the layout and user friendliness. Now they put that big logo across your pictures unless you pay a heavy fee to "join" their wonderful club.

There's an easier way that you control directly. Open "My Computer - C Drive and look at the top line. (this has worked for me all the way from Windows 98 thru all of them to the current Windows 10)

If it says, File, Home, Share, View, Drive Tools.....you're in business and I can easily walk you thru the process. I have over 100,000 pictures on file - my own files, under MY control - and can access any of them quickly and easily without any 3rd party logo marring them, The only catch is that you'll need to remember about when you took a specific picture, but it's still easy to scan a year's worth at a time.

On that top bar in C Drive, click on Home, then look across the top at your choices. Should see, about half way along, "New Folder," Click that and look for the new folder. Right click to highlight it, click Rename and name it "Pictures." Drag and drop it to your desktop for quick and easy access in future.

Open it and it'll be a blank page. Click on new folder again and a blank folder, "New Folder" will appear. On mine, I would name it "2021." Open that one - folder within a folder and click New Folder yet again.

Yesterday I took my dog for a walk at Flying Eagle Preserve and watched some airboats doing their thing, so took a few pictures.

When I got home, I opened 2021, and re-named New Folder "3-30 Flying Eagle Airboats," then opened it. (that naming, with the month first causes Windows to automatically put them in numerical sequence. It really helps)

Opened my camera on a separate page, then dragged and dropped the day's photos into the new 3-31 page. (or you can copy and paste. Both work) Now they're in my confuser and I can edit them however I like.

Once they're in there, go to the top bar again and click "View." On left top, you'll see "Preview Pane" and "Detail Pane." Click Preview Pane and you'll get a list of your photos down the left side and a preview of which ever one you highlight on the right. To the right of the list, move the cursor slowly across and it'll "catch," then you can left click and drag the pane wider or narrower as you choose. Also in View, choose how large you want the list presented. I generally like Extra Large.

To post a picture here, click the picture icon in the Ruger Forum lower task bar, then drag and drop the one you want from the left side list on your page onto the Ruger page. Boom ! ! ! Done.

Not sure if this sounds complicated - it's not and you'll very quickly smooth out with it. To me, after all this time, it's 2nd nature.

I have annual folders going clear back to 1998 and dozens of sub-headings for each year....and as I said, over 100,000 photos - somewhere up around 130,000 or 140,000 now, I think, all neatly categorized and quickly find-able. I also put in a "General" page and a "Hold" page in each year for odds and ends. Let me know how it works out for you.
Thanks for your info guys. I do not have a computer, I have an iPone and pad. I have always been able to post on other sites.. i have uploaded the files to the album on this site here but can’t figure out how to get them from the album to the reply page. ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is my fav Ruger
I was a Deputy in Michigan.
This is the Michigan Lawman Commemorative. It included this Super Blackhawk in 44, a Winchester 94 in 3030, belt buckle, wood case and Buck knife. There were made in the 80’s

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mini-Me Hunter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts