Ruger Pistol Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Royfassel - are you sure you dint have the right part? When I got my replacement guide rod I jumped to the conclusion that Ruger had sent me another flat tipped part. I started to pick up the opine and call them when it occurred to me that I was looking at the wring end of the quide rod. When the guide rod is NOT IN THE COMPRESSED POSITION you cannot see the conical end of the guide rod. Try compressing the spring and see what it looks like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jre32
Thanks....I was just looking without compressing. If I would have tried to insrall I might have seen it .
Thanks for your quick and helpful response
Roy

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was just glad I caught my mistake before I called Ruger. Easy mistake to make - Ruger should warn people to try the new guide rid before they reject it as a mistake shipment

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a LC9s today and it has the older style guide rod. Taking it to the range this morning and shooting it before calling Ruger. Perfect size for CCW had the older style LC9 and couldn't live with the Loooog trigger pull. Just got back from shooting 50 rds and no problem at all but think I will call Ruger for the newer guide rod.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks so much for posting this. I haven't had any trouble with mine, but i do have the original guide rod. Ruger seems very friendly about sending replacements. Thanks again for the heads up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI - Ruger also informed me that they are revising the installation instructions for the guide rod/spring when reassembling the unit into the weapon's slide. The forward end of the spring should be placed in the slide with the cut end of the spring facing toward the ground when the gun is viewed in the normal firing position.
Thanks JRE for adding that little tidbit. After disassembling my brand new (bone dry) pro to oil it, it would not battery and had a noticeable mechanical stop. After finding this tip, I checked and the cut end was about 90 degrees out, so rotated it as recommended and Voila! No mechanical stop and functioned perfectly after. Amazing they could that hyper-sensative and nothing in the provided literature.

Love the Google and this forum!

·
Registered
863 Posts
for some reason I always assemble the recoil spring facing down..... couple weeks ago took the wife's LC9s to the range for the first time not a single hiccup, with the older guide rod...... although a phone call will be in order to Ruger eventually...... as I can see the cone shaped new ones benefit...

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is good info I'm glad I found it. I was having a couple issues with mine I just thought it would break in. I called today and ordered the new rsa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are sending me one also. I just purchased mine about 3 hours ago and haven't even fired it yet.
Just purchased mine the silver part on the guide rod assembly seems bent it is the cone shape. I have not put rounds into it. I have to go back to the gun store to get my clip they had to order I wonder if I should bring it up to them? Or just call ruger and get a new one sent I just don’t like how it’s not centered.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts