Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new here. I just found this forum looking for an answer to a question about my newly acquired LCP Max. I have taken it to the range a couple of times, have put 100 - 150 rounds through it.

It now seems that the trigger has excessive slack in the trigger pull. Has anyone else noticed this issue? If so, is there a fix?

I also have a Ruger American Compact 9 mm. It is an awesome gun, I really like the way it shoots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
LCP® 380Auto, LC9® 9x19, Blackhawk® x2 41 Magnum
8 Posts
Welcome to rugerpistolforums.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hello all. I am new here. I just found this forum looking for an answer to a question about my newly acquired LCP Max. I have taken it to the range a couple of times, have put 100 - 150 rounds through it.

It now seems that the trigger has excessive slack in the trigger pull. Has anyone else noticed this issue? If so, is there a fix?

I also have a Ruger American Compact 9 mm. It is an awesome gun, I really like the way it shoots.
to the forum from Northwestern Wisconsin. Can you explain a little better what you mean by "slack" in your trigger. Is there now quite a bit of "take-up" before you get to the actual point of hammer notch and sear face engagement, or is the slack after the trigger has been pulled and the pistol fires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am referring to the point where my finger actually touches the trigger, then there is at least a 1/2 inch of movement before solid tension. When the trigger is actually "engaged" and the gun fires, it is very near the rear of the trigger well. It was not like that when I first started firing it. I contacted Ruger. They said to send it in, so that is where I am at now.

However, Thank. you for your response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, I have been in contact with Ruger and there response was this. "The LCP is considered a pocket pistol and is often carried openly in the pocket. The extended travel on the trigger pull is by design since the LCP doesn't have a safety, this is to help prevent the gun from snagging and firing accidentally."

1. It didn't seem that way when I first started firing it, so maybe there is a "break-in" to it. Not sure.
2. I least I'm not imagining it. The gun does have a longer than expected trigger pull.

I am sure that I will get used to it. I really like the gun. Shoots nice.

I will add that Ruger customer service was outstanding. They even called me to verify the reported issue and gave me updates on the progress of the repair. Really impressed with the customer service and follow through in resolving the issue.

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Celebration Florida.

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith
1 - 15 of 15 Posts