Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum,

New member and Mark I owner. I have had a Mark I bull barrel target pistol for several decades. Incredible gun that I describe as a tack driver that runs like a sewing machine. I love plinking and target shooting with .22s.

I have a question about grips. My Mark I has the wood target grips. As I'm now doing more outdoor shooting than previously, would like to get a pair of flat ones without the thumb rest. This would accommodate a hip holster better. I'm noticing that the grips are not interchangeable. Are the Mark I(s) only compatible with Mark I grips? Do Mark II grips work? Any favorite non-OEM brands? Can you tell me what the stock numbers or identifiers are that indicate a Mark I set.

Also, would love to hear about any favorite holsters that members are happy with.

All the best, Felix

· Administrator
4,795 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Celebration Florida.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the welcome messages from the forum members. As far as the grips go through a bit of research, I found out that I have a A54 frame as opposed to an A100. These had the bump on the clip on the right side. So grips have to be specific to A54. There is a seller on Ebay that has them for around $30.00. Not bad. Although I'd love to find some black plastic factory with the medallion and checkering. Not in a hurry and nice to know that an alternative does exist.

Any holster thoughts?

· Registered
LCP® 380Auto, LC9® 9x19, Blackhawk® x2 41 Magnum
50 Posts
Welcome to rugerpistolforums.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts