Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, just got an LCP II .22lr, haven't tried it out yet, only arrived a few days ago, can't wait to try it. Seems to be a LOT of information here about this pistol, glad I found this site!

Thank you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Newbie here, just got an LCP II .22lr, haven't tried it out yet, only arrived a few days ago, can't wait to try it. Seems to be a LOT of information here about this pistol, glad I found this site!

Thank you!
Before you shoot it I recommend you give it a good cleaning , Lube it with Lucas gun grease it lasts longer and makes the slide as slick as glass , Put some grease on a patch run it thru the barrel . I recommend you shoot 40 grain copper plated round nose ammo for the first 100 rounds to breaking in the pistol , Then switch over to 40 grain hollow points . I recommend the .22 LR CCI Velocitor 40 grain copper plated hollow points for Self Defense as they are the fastest most accurate 40 grain hollow points on the market . I also recommend the Hogue handall Beaver Tail grip sleeve , It improves Looks and feel of the LCP II reduces recoil and puts your trigger finger in the proper position on the trigger for proper trigger pull se diagram below.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Some of you may be asking why anyone would ever want to use this caliber as a self-defense round. There are plenty of other rounds out there that are affordable, capable, and accessible for self-defense. The main reason someone would choose it is for the low recoil. While rare, many people lack the strength to effectively handle even a .380 ACP. Concealed carriers owe it to themselves to be as well-armed as physically possible and while most are able to carry a caliber more substantial than .22 LR, some simply can’t. Ammunition in this caliber is super cheap, so you can get in a lot of training for very little money - which is good because you'll need to be well-skilled if you're using it for self-defense. While you should practice proper shot placement with every caliber, with .22 LR, you already behind the power curve.
In addition, firearms chambered in this caliber have hardly any recoil. Even when fired from the smallest guns on the market, the .22 LR is seriously easy to control. Since this caliber is easy to handle, it also makes getting quick, accurate follow-up shots easier, too. Having a gun that's easy to shoot effectively can be a huge deal, especially for a new shooter. The most significant disadvantage of .22LR for self-defense is the rimfire system. Rimfire rounds tend to be less reliable than centerfire rounds. A round failing to ignite can be a significant issue. The second issue that most .22 LR fails to expand when they strike a soft target and can have penetration issues. You’ll need premium grade ammo for defensive purposes for your .22 LR. I strongly recommend the CCI Velocitor copper plated hollow point it's the fastest most accurate 40 grain hollow point on the market , It's velocity is 1435 fps it Hits hard penetrates deep and leaves a significant wound channel. I think 4 shots into the torso and 1 shot to the head or neck in close quarters would render an attacker totally incapacitated if it don't put more shots into the Head , Neck , Torso .

·
Registered
409 Posts

Thank you!
to RPF. Most of the reviews are by experienced owners, yet, as always, If it doesn't make sense to you, it will most likely not be helpful.
If you can post pictures, feel free to show us your new pistol and its accessories.

Reactions: SpeedBuggy

·
Registered
76 Posts
to RPF. Most of the reviews are by experienced owners, yet, as always, If it doesn't make sense to you, it will most likely not be helpful.
If you can post pictures, feel free to show us your new pistol and its accessories.
Dennis are you going to behave yourself here by not belittling , degrading & disparaging other members who disagree with you or are you going to get kicked out of here like you did on Rimfire Central , Ruger Talk , Glock forum ?

·
Registered
409 Posts
BTW "SpeedBuggy", I'm looking to find an LCP II in .22 Long Rifle caliber at some of the distributors I deal with, for our daughter. Sorta slim pickens these days, but when I do finally get my grip grabbers onto one of those babies, I'll do a credible and non biased review of that pistol and the ammunition used. I've got plenty to try with it" :) :

·
Registered
76 Posts

Thank you!
Thought you would like to see these

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello from Kentucky.

Reactions: Black Rifle Reviews

·
Registered
76 Posts

Thank you!
I ordered a new .22LR LCP recoil spring and stainless steel guide rod from M CARBO along with a new take down pin .These are upgrades that are heavy duty guide rod & Pins the spring is for shooting Hyper velocity ammo above 1200 FPS .Like the CCI & Browning loads 40 grain hollow points at 1435 fps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts