Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently joined after reading threads for a couple months about Ruger pistol for a purchasing decision .

My first pistol was a Mark I which I bought it in the 60's when I was 14 without parents permission or knowledge. Wow, can you imaging a 14 year old doing that now. I did'nt kill anyone or myself or shoot out windows accidentally.

Sold the Mark I and bought a S&W 38 revolver when I turned 18. Worked in LE during early 70's where revolvers were the only option permissible. Bought, sold, owned and carried a variety of firearms up through the mid 90's, reloaded my own ammo and participated in shooting competitions.

Had a Ruger GP 100 in the 80's - 90's.

Got out of shooting as a sport in the mid 90's and sold most of my collection until 1 (non Ruger) pistol and 1 shotgun remained. Let my Concealed Carry License expire when we moved out of the city.

Returned to carrying and shooting sports in the fall of 2020. Bought a LCP II, a non Ruger compact 9 mm pistols and recently the MK IV 22/45.

Plan on competing in steel and clay at local gun clubs with the MK IV if my aging eyes will let me. There should be a class for old guys like the senior classes in sailing, golf and other sports.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Welcome from northwest Louisiana! Enjoy the forum!

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
on board. You've chosen what many believe to be the current "epitome" of Ruger Mark pistols.
The uppers on the Mark IV will interchange with all others with just a push of a button, and they're pretty dang accurate also. Only problem these days is finding enough .22 rimfire ammunition to burn through these fine pistols.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
on board. You've chosen what many believe to be the current "epitome" of Ruger Mark pistols.
The uppers on the Mark IV will interchange with all others with just a push of a button, and they're pretty dang accurate also. Only problem these days is finding enough .22 rimfire ammunition to burn through these fine pistols.
Yes, the MK IV is a great improvement over previous versions. It's shoots very well.

It should shoot even better after you smooth and tune it. Can't wait until I get it back!

I did'nt buy it until I had a supply of 22 LR ammo. I lucked out several months ago and was able to buy 1,000 rounds at a sporting goods store at $3.80/50. Then I had difficulty finding the MK IV 22/45 at a reasonable price.

Looking for more ammo and I'm rationing the 22 amo until I find more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts