Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Each time I set up my Ransom Rest to test a recent purchase of .22 rimfire ammunition for my Ruger Mark pistols, I always include both of these Ruger Mark II's:

Of all the Ruger Mark pistols I have in my safes, these two are THEE most accurate, and like some that continue to pass along the "myth" concerning each pistol will prefer it's own choice of .22 Long Rifle rounds, both of these pistols like the exact same ammunition and shoot equally well to the point where the groups are almost carbon copies and unless I mark the targets as to which pistol shot which group, I'd never be able to tell after a while:

I have done the trigger work on both of these pistols, and exactly in the very same fashion using the equipment I have to do those sort of things, no "Performance Kits" involved, just learned knowledge gained over the years. Both measure under 3 pounds, not the exact same pull weight, but very close according to my gages.
I need to do the work myself as I don't "own" a gunsmith like some claim when they post about taking their gun work to "my gunsmith". Wonder how that poor soul feels about being somebodies "possession" o_O?

Both of these pistols have steel triggers that I made, same as that depicted in the second picture from the left. Wire EDM profiled and all the holes were drilled and tapped in a D&T jig that I also made, only because I don't own my own gunsmith. 馃槩

Registered
Those things look like they weigh as much as a 10/22. Probably cost more though. Are they as accurate as a 10/22 assuming same amount of mods, and using the same Gold plated ammo in the rifle?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely too dang heavy for your spindly little arms, best you stick with your "boys" rifle. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts