·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres my oldest one. I finshed this 55 in 2003.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful Boat. I remember looking at those in Dallas at a Boat Show. I think they had Dealers there as well. The one I looked at was basicly the same colors ,had choice of engines.Fast,Faster,and Fastest :)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Oh man, if that doesn't take me back. 1962 Chevy II Nova 400, 327 CI, Turbo 350 tranny, 11.50 et, 120 MPH. I will have to dig up some pics, thanks man, that is so cool!
Regards,
Mike

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cars are also my other passion. Here are 2 of my toys.

The sandcar is powered by a 180hp Hayabusa motorcycle motor, only 1000 lbs. Very fast.
The Mini Cooper is my track toy and good weather commuter car.

Fun stuff..

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooben said:
Oh man, if that doesn't take me back. 1962 Chevy II Nova 400, 327 CI, Turbo 350 tranny, 11.50 et, 120 MPH. I will have to dig up some pics, thanks man, that is so cool!
Regards,
Mike
LOL,Now how did you know that was a 400?? :) I have removed all of the trim,All of it,and welded all the holes shut. I,m thinking you may have seen a link I put up during the build?? Heres a link, the 3 page link was broken. This is what I have on Cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658990

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mokanracer said:
LOL,Now how did you know that was a 400?? :) I have removed all of the trim,All of it,and welded all the holes shut. I,m thinking you may have seen a link I put up during the build?? Heres a link, the 3 page link was broken. This is what I have on Cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2658990
Well Mokan, I wish I could tell you I'm just that good ;) but I'm not. That's what I had back in the day. I have a 76 Vega in the garage, so far only back halved, but I do have a Jegster front end to get stuck on it. The wife can always tell when it's time to spend money, she says I get a certain look in my eye and I start giggling alot..... :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Here's my Chevy II back in 1984, I think. Wow, seems like a long time ago, is that because I'm getting old? :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now thats sweet. Dont you get the urge to be doing that again?? I can not get any weight transfer like that. Even with making the mid 10 passes. I need to raise my ladders one more hole,as right now I,m at instant neutral as Chassisworks explains it. I have detunned it some,as at about 400 ft out,it was starting to slide on me. Havent tried it yet,but should have improved my 60ft times..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mokanracer said:
Now thats sweet. Dont you get the urge to be doing that again?? I can not get any weight transfer like that. Even with making the mid 10 passes. I need to raise my ladders one more hole,as right now I,m at instant neutral as Chassisworks explains it. I have detunned it some,as at about 400 ft out,it was starting to slide on me. Havent tried it yet,but should have improved my 60ft times..
Every time I hear a v8 go by, every time I hear a high perf jet boat go screaming up the river, every time I see a moped go by.....well anyway, you get the idea :D I really don't have an explaination as to why that thing launched the way it did. mono leaf springs with ladder bars :eek: I had an A1 5000 stall converter with a tranny brake, and I think I should have bought stock in the VHT company.... That particular pass was right behind a fuel car that had laid down some good rubber, and the VHT was so thick it actually pulled the tennis shoe off my little brother's foot! I always wished I had more beans on tap, but I'm sure that would have upset the balance that car seemed to have. Ding dang it Mokan, I'm going to have to go find me some Sunoco 110 to sniff..... :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Holty said:
Awesome toys fella's, here's mine, supercharged and nitrous, runs 11's, weighs 5500lbs
Oh man, can you imagine a 2500 lbs rig.... :eek: :eek: :eek: What kind of trap speed are you getting, I'll bet it's pretty high....

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats a nice truck for sure. My 55 Belair weighs 3900 lbs,and my 62 ChevyII weighs about 3000 or so with me in it. Heres a vid of the very 1st out with the ChevyII. I got it down to 11.16 by the 4th pass.
http://www.youtube.com/62novaks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Mokanracer said:
Thats a nice truck for sure. My 55 Belair weighs 3900 lbs,and my 62 ChevyII weighs about 3000 or so with me in it. Heres a vid of the very 1st out with the ChevyII. I got it down to 11.16 by the 4th pass.
Oh boy, I can almost smell the Sunoco now! It's been a few years now, but I'm going to guess you have about a 3500 to 4000 rpm stall? Launching about 2500 rpms? Am I close? Jeez, now I'm going to have to go home and dig out all my old pics, the wifey is going to see that look in my eyes, and I be giggling like a fool....... :D

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Here's some pics of my current project.....

That's the way it looked before it came home....

Professional Driver on a closed course, DO NOT TRY AT HOME!

First roll out...

:D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.