Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently rediscovered the subtle pleasure of shooting airguns - not the least of which is the ability to have a pistol range in my basement. My first handgun was a Crosman Model 600 CO2 .22 semi-auto. I've had it about 45 years and it shoots as good as it ever did. It costs about .04/shot, so it makes for a lot of good cheap practice. The world has several hundred fewer starlings and crows in it due to this fun little plinker.

But the real champ is a Model 1377 .177 that I just got. If I do my part, it does its part. I use 3/4" stick-on dots on 4"x6" file cards as targets. Does that ever force concentration and trigger control. At 7 yards the dot is about 1/3 the width of the front sight.

These were from 7 yards using a high stool as a rest and a rifle style hold (the gun itself is quite long) - 10 shots

Almost...

One flyer - can't blame it on the gun, darn it!

Sheet of 8.5x11 paper, six 3/4 dots, 7 yards.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The wife and I bought each other back yard plinkers this year for Christmas, She got a Daisy CO2 BB pistol. I got the 1377. Both are a hoot to shoot. The 1377 has been quite accurate even shooting the cheapest pellets I could find. I, too, find it a throwback to days of wanting one of those old Benjamin pumps and having to settle for a Daisy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
This must have been one of the post that got erased when we had that little glitch. This is my basement shooting range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a Crosman MkII at a flea market for $20. It was pretty sorry-looking, with lots of paint loss and a wobbly barrel, but it looked just like a Ruger .22. I took it apart, put it back together correctly, put in a CO2 cylinder, and proceeded to shoot very nice groups. It's good practice for my MkIII.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.