Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to pick up my 2 LCPs today. While checking out the FN Five-seveN (I dont know, but I am soo drawn to this gun...it's gotta be the 20 -30 w/ ext- round mags lol), a female officer came in to buy an LCP. But they were out. So I had him xfer one of mine to her name and he put me on the top of the list when they get the next 50 in next week. She was really nice (an cute wink wink haha) and I told her about this site, so maybe she will check it out...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Way to go ;) You get the gold star for the day.. Hopefully, you got her number, so you both can go shoot your LCP's together for the first time.LOL

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RobR369 said:
Way to go ;) You get the gold star for the day.. Hopefully, you got her number, so you both can go shoot your LCP's together for the first time.LOL
Absolutely! But I'll be shooting mine today when I get off work, she still has the 10 day wait. I'm selfish ;D

·
Registered
201 Posts
96GTS said:
...and he put me on the top of the list when they get the next 50 in next week.
Where in Southern Cal are they getting LCP's in 50 at a time???

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AZ Outlaws said:
96GTS said:
...and he put me on the top of the list when they get the next 50 in next week.
Where in Southern Cal are they getting LCP's in 50 at a time???
A local cop shop called ProForce.

·
Registered
211 Posts
50 LCP's a week?!?! :eek: Crap, the store that I put my name on a wait list for says they only get 1 in per week, sometimes 2.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slappy said:
50 LCP's a week?!?! :eek: Crap, the store that I put my name on a wait list for says they only get 1 in per week, sometimes 2.
They have a contract with a couple local police depts that actually are buying them FOR their officers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You gotta be kidding. CA requires a ten day wait for commissioned LEO's?

Sheesh. Bad enough for a civilian, but that's ridiculous. In CO, no waiting period for LEO's. In SD, no waiting for permit holders.

Sluggo

·
Registered
705 Posts
No waiting period here in Kansas either. Matter of fact,while I was living in Dallas,I didnt have to be approved to even buy a gun,once I received my CCL. Just walk in to any gun store or gun show,and take home what ever..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mokanracer said:
No waiting period here in Kansas either. Matter of fact,while I was living in Dallas,I didnt have to be approved to even buy a gun,once I received my CCL. Just walk in to any gun store or gun show,and take home what ever..
The Beauty of Texas and a CHL!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sluggo said:
You gotta be kidding. CA requires a ten day wait for commissioned LEO's?

Sheesh. Bad enough for a civilian, but that's ridiculous. In CO, no waiting period for LEO's. In SD, no waiting for permit holders.

Sluggo
If you get a letter from the brass, no wait. But good luck getting a letter for a non-duty used weapon...

·
Registered
263 Posts
NC no wait with or without a carry permit, without you need to go to your county sheriff, give them your drivers lic. they run a check and purchase permits are $5 ea. up to 4 per day. With permit go to any place selling pistols show CC permit pay and go. In both cases you need to fill out the Fed. form. John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts