Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my very first Ruger .22 pistol at age 19. My Dad needed to sign the paperwork 'cause I was not old enough at that time. I still have that pistol:

It has had a few modifications over the years, like a steel trigger, new sear, custom grips that I make and an adjustable rear sight so I can shoot various different brands of .22 rimfire. Also, the extended magazine latch/release works much better with the Ruger Mark II magazines than the original does. I use the Ruger Mark II magazines in this pistol because of the 10-round provision and .22 rounds just feed much better through these style magazines.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You are lucky to still have your first one! I sold mine about 6 years ago, that, I regret to this day. It was a Standard model with the silver mag base. I'm guessing it was an early one-pre 1971 that was leftover on the shelf. I bought it when I was around 22, now I am 70. I never thought I'd get back into shooting again, but I did.
And now have a great collection of firearms, mostly .22s with some 9mm.

I got my very first Ruger .22 pistol at age 19. My Dad needed to sign the paperwork 'cause I was not old enough at that time. I still have that pistol:

It has had a few modifications over the years, like a steel trigger, new sear, custom grips that I make and an adjustable rear sight so I can shoot various different brands of .22 rimfire. Also, the extended magazine latch/release works much better with the Ruger Mark II magazines than the original does. I use the Ruger Mark II magazines in this pistol because of the 10-round provision and .22 rounds just feed much better through these style magazines.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
My first, early 70's model. Bought after I came back from overseas.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My first, early 70's model. Bought after I came back from overseas.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very NICE! There's just something really neat about Mr. Ruger's first introduction pistol and how now, in 2019, Ruger is bringing out a 70th year anniversary pistol.

Reactions: mukwah
1 - 4 of 4 Posts