Ruger Pistol Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody who can't tell the difference between a three-pound and a four-pound trigger pull should hang up their guns, put on their shawl and take up knitting in front of the fireplace and raising a herd of cats.

:p:p:p

·
Registered
762 Posts
And that's a good thing if you're stuck with a four pound trigger pull.
Yup! And, unfortunately some forums get STUCK with those, like yourself, whose sole purpose is NOT to contribute anything worthwhile and useful, but only to argue over things that are minute and don't really matter.
If you had any inkling as to the mechanics of these Ruger Mark pistols you might come to the conclusion that "manufacturing tolerances" are involved with the geometry of parts interaction and pivot pin hole locations and diameters that vary.
You need to read more, and work on these pistols, so you learn more, rather than trying to "teach" from your one gun limited experience, if you even have any. This forum, at least from my perspective, tries to be more helpful rather than imbibe in your rash rantings.
If the older Browning .22 pistols are more to your liking and knowledge base, maybe a "Browning Forum" would give you more pleasure in participating in rather than this one that seems to make you so irate? 🤬

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yup! And, unfortunately some forums get STUCK with those, like yourself, whose sole purpose is NOT to contribute anything worthwhile and useful, but only to argue over things that are minute and don't really matter.
If you had any inkling as to the mechanics of these Ruger Mark pistols you might come to the conclusion that "manufacturing tolerances" are involved with the geometry of parts interaction and pivot pin hole locations and diameters that vary.
You need to read more, and work on these pistols, so you learn more, rather than trying to "teach" from your one gun limited experience, if you even have any. This forum, at least from my perspective, tries to be more helpful rather than imbibe in your rash rantings.
If the older Browning .22 pistols are more to your liking and knowledge base, maybe a "Browning Forum" would give you more pleasure in participating in rather than this one that seems to make you so irate? 🤬
You're the one who sounds irate.

You also sound very defensive that the best you could do on this guy's pistol with all your expensive "tuning and smoothing" was to end up with a FOUR POUND trigger pull.

So you attack me for expressing my opinion that a VQ kit could do better and then you try to tell me that I can't tell the difference between a three pound pull and a four pound pull.

Truth is.......I have experience with a VQ kit and it can do better than four pounds.

And ANY fairly average to experienced pistolero can tell the difference between a three and four pound trigger pull...........easily.

So quit attacking me for expressing my opinions.......we're here to do just that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Somebody needs to conduct a double blind test with several identical pistols. One with a 3 pound trigger, another with a 4 pound trigger and a third with a 5 pound trigger and see if a shooter can consistently tell the difference.

Or have two identical pistols with identical triggers, not reveal their sameness and have shooters pick the lighter trigger. It will be split 50 50.

I predict that the average shooter will not be able to discern the difference.

I was involved in double blind testing of audio gear in the 70's and 80's and the majority of "audiophiles" were unable to pick correctly. We debunked high end expensive speaker wires, gold plated audio cables, black box sound enhancers and even high end speakers.

A lot of people fall for advertising hype, and or feel things that are more psychological than reality.

·
Registered
762 Posts
^^^^^Couldn't agree more! I just finished up a Ruger Mark II pistol with the tuning and smoothing process. This pistol ended up with a 2 pound 17 ounce "MEASURED" trigger pull weight. Pre and over travel are at the least distance possible without failure to reset. If some yokel claims they have a calibrated finger, they need to set up a booth at the local county fair and have folks stop by so they can "Guess The Mark Ruger's Trigger Pull Weight" just using their finger.
It's funny to notice most everyone who "self-installs" a "Performance Package" always seems to wind up with a 2½ to 3 pound, pull weight. Amazing! Even many of the one-gun gurus who claim they installed a KIT are now posting the very same pull weight, yet they show no proof for the work done on their ONLY Ruger pistol. GREAT! You're an amazing "armorer" who can change parts. You should hang out a shingle and go into business, 'cause you're so good. I'm glad to read that some folks work on their private firearms, as many times it brings more work my way. :D

"SYJOS" That project you worked on had to be a very interesting endeavor. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
^^^^^Couldn't agree more! I just finished up a Ruger Mark II pistol with the tuning and smoothing process. This pistol ended up with a 2 pound 17 ounce "MEASURED" trigger pull weight. Pre and over travel are at the least distance possible without failure to reset. If some yokel claims they have a calibrated finger, they need to set up a booth at the local county fair and have folks stop by so they can "Guess The Mark Ruger's Trigger Pull Weight" just using their finger.
It's funny to notice most everyone who "self-installs" a "Performance Package" always seems to wind up with a 2½ to 3 pound, pull weight. Amazing! Even many of the one-gun gurus who claim they installed a KIT are now posting the very same pull weight, yet they show no proof for the work done on their ONLY Ruger pistol. GREAT! You're an amazing "armorer" who can change parts.

"SYJOS" That project you worked on had to be a very interesting endeavor. Thanks for sharing.
It's funny to notice most everyone who "self-installs" a "Performance Package" always seems to wind up with a 2½ to 3 pound, pull weight. Amazing! Even many of the one-gun gurus who claim they installed a KIT are now posting the very same pull weight, yet they show no proof for the work done on their ONLY Ruger pistol. GREAT! You're an amazing "armorer" who can change parts. You should hang out a shingle and go into business, 'cause you're so good. I'm glad to read that some folks work on their private firearms, as many times it brings more work my way. :D

A lot of people imagine great inhancements with car mods too.

Cold air intakes. Many people buy expensive cold air intakes for their cars with promises of increased horsepower. After installing the intake, they will tout the horsepower gains and greatly improved acceleration. Dyno testing have demonstrated that the cold air return adds 1/4 to 1/2 horsepower and sometimes reduces hp.

Oil catch cans. Huge number of oil catch cans sold ranging in price from $20 to $400 sold and installed by enthusiasts to reduce engine blowby. Tests have shown that most of the catch cans do not condense blowby droplets well enough to reduce blowby by any significant amount. But the people buying them will attest to the efficiency of the catch cans.

Oil and fuel additives. Many companies selling additives advertise longer engine life, better milage, more hp, cleaner exhaust etc. Testing shows minimal enhanced engine performance from adding additives but adherents will proclaim all kinds of attributes from using additives.

I can go on but the human mind works to affirm ones choice, decision and purchase. The Placebo Effect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm also leery of people who all claim a 3 pound trigger pull after installing the Volquartsen kit. Why not 2.9, 3.3, 3.7 etc. Are they actually testing with a trigger pull gauge? Analog or digital?

It's like asking on the forum, what is the best XX pistol to buy. Most people will recommend the pistol that they own to afirm and/or validate their choice.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm also leery of people who all claim a 3 pound trigger pull after installing the Volquartsen kit. Why not 2.9, 3.3, 3.7 etc. Are they actually testing with a trigger pull gauge? Analog or digital?

It's like asking on the forum, what is the best XX pistol to buy. Most people will recommend the pistol that they own to afirm and/or validate their choice.
LOL!

Nobody here has CLAIMED a three pound trigger pull.

:p :p :p

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nobody claimed that on this thread.

There are numerous other threads where 3 lb trigger pulls are claimed for the V trigger kit.

You sure have a propensity for capitol letters?
Capital letters?

Are you running out of things to complain about?

Please post links to some of these "numerous" claims of three-pound trigger pulls.

I haven't claimed that and I don't recall seeing "numerous" other people do it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nobody claimed that on this thread.

There are numerous other threads where 3 lb trigger pulls are claimed for the V trigger kit.

You sure have a propensity for capitol letters?
I can vouch for that statement also. Just because no one bragged about getting a 1 ½ to 2 pound trigger pull here, on this site, doesn't mean that on other sites it hasn't happened. I've seen it many times myself.
I have read about one person who claims to be a "speed steel" shooter who brags about getting a 1 pound 7 ounce trigger after installing a performance kit. I'd sure like to be able to measure that pull weight with MY gauges. Why a trigger pull weight that light for shooting steel? I would want a faster trigger recovery and re-set rather than such a light pull weight. Just makes me wonder sometimes.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You're the one who sounds irate.

You also sound very defensive that the best you could do on this guy's pistol with all your expensive "tuning and smoothing" was to end up with a FOUR POUND trigger pull.

So you attack me for expressing my opinion that a VQ kit could do better and then you try to tell me that I can't tell the difference between a three pound pull and a four pound pull.

kit and it caTruth is.......I have experience with a VQn do better than four pounds.

And ANY fairly average to experienced pistolero can tell the difference between a three and four pound trigger pull...........easily.

So quit attacking me for expressing my opinions.......we're here to do just that.
Prove it! Let's see an honest reading from your electronic trigger pull gage. Like I posted, you're a "one-gun" expert who CLAIMS he installed this performance package. So, you are being "attacked"? Geeez, I hope you're not gonna cry. :cry:
I have much more experience with Ruger Mark pistols than you'll EVER acquire, and you think the only pistol you have should be a benchmark for what a trigger pull weight should measure after alteration. Man, are you ever wrong.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Prove it! Let's see an honest reading from your electronic trigger pull gage. Like I posted, you're a "one-gun" expert who CLAIMS he installed this performance package. So, you are being "attacked"? Geeez, I hope you're not gonna cry. :cry:
I have much more experience with Ruger Mark pistols than you'll EVER acquire, and you think the only pistol you have should be a benchmark for what a trigger pull weight should measure after alteration. Man, are you ever wrong.
LOL! You really are irate and defensive.

I can see why.

The best you could do on this guy's pistol with all your expensive "tuning and smoothing" was to end up with a FOUR POUND trigger pull.

You claim to have a lot of experience. Ok.......but apparently it's not doing you a lot of good.

So you're embarrassed and angry.

So you attack me with bizarre misinformation.......here's a list.

No, I'm not a "one gun expert." LOL! I own many guns and have owned over 70 years of gun ownership probably in excess of 100 guns........including at least six Ruger MK .22 pistols.

And, your next false claim.....I haven't claimed to have "installed" anything.

My gunsmith replaced a Ruger trigger (which was terrible) with a VQ trigger kit. In fact, he did this on both my current MKIVs. He gave me what I asked for.......pulls in the two to three pound range. He has done this on two other MKIVs for me when they first came out a few years ago.

And.....you claim I have held up my "only" pistol as a benchmark for trigger pull......which I have never done.

The only thing I've ever "claimed" is that I can tell the difference between a three pound and a four pound trigger pull. Newsflash: most people can.

So you're attacking me on at least THREE falsified or imagined charges.

Got any more? I suggest you just calm down and quit making stuff up. Maybe spend your time trying to figure out how to give people better trigger pulls.

:p

Reactions: Denny4kids

·
Registered
762 Posts
You seem to have a propensity to criticize most everything that you don't understand. Lack of knowledge and education will do that to those like yourself. It's a psychological weakness they just can't overcome, or know where to start on a cure for correction. Very sad.

Oh, and Francis, it's a SAFE four pound trigger pull. You very conveniently left that part out to prove, once again, your FEEBLE point. At this point I won't believe a thing you type, even if you posted that it is September. I would need to [email protected]@K for myself, for all the
you put out. Myself and most likely everyone else, don't believe for ONE second that you can tell the difference between a 2 pound and a 7 pound trigger pull weight. You don't exude enough experience for such a summation that tough for a "newbie" and his first gun.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You seem to have a propensity to criticize most everything that you don't understand. Lack of knowledge and education will do that to those like yourself. It's a psychological weakness they just can't overcome, or know where to start on a cure for correction. Very sad.

Oh, and Francis, it's a SAFE four pound trigger pull. You very conveniently left that part out to prove, once again, your FEEBLE point. At this point I won't believe a thing you type, even if you posted that it is September. I would need to [email protected]@K for myself, for all the
you put out. Myself and most likely everyone else, don't believe for ONE second that you can tell the difference between a 2 pound and a 7 pound trigger pull weight. You don't exude enough experience for such a summation that tough for a "newbie" and his first gun.
LOL!

Somebody tell him that when he's that deep in a hole he should just stop digging.

• Love
Reactions: Denny4kids
21 - 40 of 41 Posts