Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a Lasermax on their LCP use the CB Mini-Tuck?
I noticed they have the LCP w/LG431 fitting the Mini-Tuck, but did not see the Lasermax listed.
Any help would be appreciated. I have sent CB an email, but thought I might get a quicker answer here.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kingfish15,

Thanks for the reply. My question is that will the one listed for the Lg-431 (Crimson Trace) also fit a LCP with a Lasermax?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just received a reply from CB. They do not currently have a holster designed to work with the Lasermax.

·
Registered
95 Posts
With a Kydex-based holster -- or most others -- I don't see why a holster designed for the Crimson Trace wouldn't work with the LaserMax. The shape and dimensions are very similar except for that "button bump" on the CT... and with Kydex, you could heat it a little to reshape it *if* it was necessary. Look on the particular holster you have in mind and see how it's fitted as far as retention.

Click on the photo here and you see what the differences are, with the factory LaserMax option outline profile overlaid on a Crimson Trace.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I found a hybrid small tuckable type holster maker who will mold me one for the LCP with LaserMax. Of course the LCPs have only been shipping with the LaserMax rather than CT for a couple of months, and he's adding it based on my request. So far he's been the only one who has offered to do so, including inquiries sent to Crossbreed and others. This is WC Holsters out of Texas, $51 including shipping. Attached is a photo of the style. He's got the usual "wear it 14 days" satisfaction guarantee, and I'll report back when it gets here.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
concorde.........Hope to see your report soon....Congrats........ ;D

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
@concorde, let us know how it rides & feels after break-in. A buddy of mine got this exact holster for his SR9c on e-bay, and says he loves it. Took very little time to get used to it! Enjoy! Yogi ;D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just got the word direct from Matt at Crossbreed Holsters. I knew they didn't currently offer one, but were they going to soon? Well, even though Ruger has been shipping LaserMax units with their LC9s and LCPs instead of Crimson Trace since November, they "currently do not have any plans to make a holster for that pistol in the near future." I find that very surprising -- and unfortunate -- especially considering that they're a sponsor here. I'm really hoping that WC comes through.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since CB will not be offering one, I continued to check other makers. I found that Theis Holsters makes one for the LCP w/Lasermax. Think I will give them a try. They seem to get great reviews on other sites and there are a few mentions of it on this site.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is also Cleveland's Holsters. He'll make one too. That's what I'm carrying my LC9 in. I have a Theis for my XD and the quality is right up there. Plus the Cleveland's are 100% U.S. made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
USMC2006 said:
Since CB will not be offering one, I continued to check other makers. I found that Theis Holsters makes one for the LCP w/Lasermax.
Good find! Meanwhile, WC Holsters says mine will ship out on Monday.

·
Registered
95 Posts
GsxrBots said:
There is also Cleveland's Holsters. He'll make one too.
I just heard back from Bobby Cleveland... nope, he doesn't have one yet, but unlike Crossbreed, does plan to add it to his list.

Mine from WC Holsters should be here in a few days.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's here already... VERY fast service from Wayne Howser at WC Holsters!

And it FITS! The gun holsters and draws without any problem with the LaserMax switch, and fits nicely. It's not overly tight with that uncomfortable "snap" you sometimes hear when a gun goes in and out of Kydex, but it's "just right" in my opinion. Of course, the real "hold" area on this gun is the ejection port and just a small part of the trigger guard, and the hold is firm, but easily drawn.

The leather seems like very high quality, finished edging, "combat" cut, nice smooth hardware, and as you can see from the photos, plenty of adjustment options for the belt clips. It even came with an allen wrench to use if you choose adjust the clip positions.

Now I'll be wearing it to see how comfortable it is long term, but so far it's great (I've never had a "tuckable" style holster before).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Congrats, looks great! Hope the "Test Drive" goes well. Yogi ;D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wore it 8 hours straight today... very comfortable! I did change it to the middle set of holes to have the gun ride a little lower. I suspect that there will be very little break-in required with this holster.

·
Registered
95 Posts
OK, another 12 hours of wear-time yesterday with the WC Holster... no further adjusting necessary. It's so comfortable that it's easy to forget it's on It's a keeper.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts