Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,204 Posts
ToddG said:
If you're carrying legally and suffer a medical emergency while doing so, you've done nothing wrong. If emergency personnel do call the police, it's still better than (1) not carrying or (2) not getting medical attention. About the only thing I can think of is to make sure you keep it somewhere secure (no one will touch off a round accidentally digging through a bag, etc.) and if you bring yourself to a hospital you might not be legal carrying it inside the hospital depending on your state laws.

Personally, I commend you for taking the responsible step to protect yourself and your family, and I think most LEOs would understand that deeply.
Todd is right. I was about 9 years ago hit by a truck while riding my harley. I was unconsious and taken to the hosptial. I was carrying (legally). When I was awake later on a police offer came in and said he had my handgun and ask ed if I had a carry permit, which my wife then there also showed him and he viewed it and then handed the handgun over to her (unloaded). No sermons, no speeches. I though handled very well..

· Registered
2,204 Posts
Mud Pie said:
When you say "blackout" do you mean you lose consciousness or do you mean you don't remember doing something until someone tells you ?

If it's the latter, then yeah, I think you should think twice about carrying. If it's losing consciousness, go ahead and carry. I don't think any hospital or law enforcement personnel would react poorly in their response.

In fact, when I've been pulled over and I advised the officer I was carrying, all the officer said was, "Don't draw it or I'll have to shoot you.", then he smiled. He never took it away from me, he never even asked where it was. An experienced LEO can tell a turd from a citizen.
BUT Why even tell the officer anything???To me your just inviting a longer stay there. Not all LEO's are nice people. I have been stopped numerous times on my motorcycle for speeding and never once has an officer did anything more than write me a ticket, not did I volunteer anything more than what he asked of me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.