Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an old video of me at a IDPA night match. This is the last of 8 stages. I was tired, legs head and hands wet but not cold, and sitting in the range Chevy Suburban wearing a heavy raincoat. I wasted time trying to pickup my reload mag that I dropped (wet hands), I should have just grabbed another mag off my belt. It wasn't easy behind a steering wheel wearing a jacket! Weapon was my XDm 5.25 9mm Light is 1000 lumen
Rules say no weapon mounted lights. For all the stages I held the light beside my head by my ear. This worked great. Some shooters fumbled trying to shoot two handed but they couldn't see the sights. I could see my sights and target but had to shoot strong hand only. All my hits were in the kill zone but I was slow and dropped my reload. What a Fun time!!! Denny

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks like a great way to train and practice. Very nice video to keep a history of your progress. Good job with target acquisition with a heavy coat, cramped quarters and darkness. So you did not have to pick up the mag?!!! Interesting.

Reactions: Denny4kids

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a great way to train and practice. Very nice video to keep a history of your progress. Good job with target acquisition with a heavy coat, cramped quarters and darkness. So you did not have to pick up the mag?!!! Interesting.
IDPA is a great way to train/practice. Sometimes street cops compete with us wearing their duty kit. IDPA rules say we can't drop any mag with rounds in it. I believe the range officer misunderstood me. They have that rule so shooters won't top off their ammo and game the stage. I couldn't even reach the floor where my mag was dropped. This stage required 12 hits and we start with 11 rounds. I really only had to shoot one round after my reload but it was actually a hard shot around he "A" pillar so I gave it a double tap to be sure of a hit. Maybe I'll run the camera more and show some daylight fun. Den

1 - 4 of 4 Posts