Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the gun earlier this year and it's been firing and cycling fine (after the first round in the magazine, but that's another problem). I fired at the range yesterday, all was well, but when I went to clean it today, it wouldn't rack. The slide will move back about 1/8 " and then stops. If I pull and hold the trigger, I can rack it back all the way, but it's awkward. I did put in a new Tandemkross trigger and bypass so it can dry fire without a mag in it, but both of those have been working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought the gun earlier this year and it's been firing and cycling fine (after the first round in the magazine, but that's another problem). I fired at the range yesterday, all was well, but when I went to clean it today, it wouldn't rack. The slide will move back about 1/8 " and then stops. If I pull and hold the trigger, I can rack it back all the way, but it's awkward. I did put in a new Tandemkross trigger and bypass so it can dry fire without a mag in it, but both of those have been working fine. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello Will and Welcome to the Ruger Pistol Forum! :thumbsup:

You have the TK trigger installed, but do you mean you also removed the Ruger mag disconnect assembly (large spring-black sear lock/blast shield-ruger hammer bushing)? Did you replace the Mag Disconnect components with the TK Blast Shield (the bypass) OR which hammer bushing did you install for the mag disconnect replacement (TK or VQ)?

Sorry for all the questions...trying to determine exactly where your MkIV 22/45 is at!?! :02.47-tranquillity:

Ted

·
Registered
276 Posts
The problem may lie with the adjustment screws in that trigger. Try backing both screws out at least two turns and then try pulling the bolt back for sear/hammer engagement. If screws and screw holes were not cleaned of any residual oil, they will self-back off of adjustment, or go deeper to create lock-up. Try that and then report back here so we can help with the next step.

Reactions: Theo98

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, it would have been nice to read if any of the solutions brought up worked, or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts