Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. New to the Mark II. I bought this gun for my wife for Christmas, its a 1985 model. Appears to have seen very little use. We took it to the indoor range yesterday, gun runs fine, but the front sight is almost impossible to see. Need to upgrade to something more visible. Any help greatly appreciated.

IMG_0665.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Unfortunately it says it is for the bull barrel, not the tapered. May not have any options here unless there is a "dot" available to stick on the tip of my existing sight
Yes, it pays to read the description involved. Being that you have a "Mark II Standard", there are no longer many, if any at all, front replacement sights currently available. Those small front sight blades are around 0.125-inch wide, so installing a "fiber optic light pipe" would not be practical.
What you might consider, is having a "glow orange" insert installed into your current front sight:

This insert will give you a width that same as the front sight blade is now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it pays to read the description involved. Being that you have a "Mark II Standard", there are no longer many, if any at all, front replacement sights currently available. Those small front sight blades are around 0.125-inch wide, so installing a "fiber optic light pipe" would not be practical.
What you might consider, is having a "glow orange" insert installed into your current front sight:

This insert will give you a width that same as the front sight blade is now.
Thx SGW!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello folks. New to the Mark II. I bought this gun for my wife for Christmas, its a 1985 model. Appears to have seen very little use. We took it to the indoor range yesterday, gun runs fine, but the front sight is almost impossible to see. Need to upgrade to something more visible. Any help greatly appreciated.

View attachment 15251
Tcphil, If you are still available here, could you please let me know who makes that rear sight. Looks very interesting.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thank you sir. Not sure that Miniature Machine Enterprises are still in business. I'll need to check that out, nice compact sight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts