Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang, this is not cool. I can't figure out how it's doing it. Whenever I carry, which is anytime I leave the house, I check for a chambered round and check for a full mag. I fully insert the mag and can feel the catch grab it.It's occurred several times and really doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling. All I can think is my trouser pocket is stretching tight on occasion depending on what position I'm in thereby pushing in on the mag release. It has also occurred with the concealment panel installed (Desanti Super Fly). The mag catch appears to be working correctly. Anyone else ever have this problem and what did you do to correct it? It's gotten to the point that I'm constantly checking to see if it's released. People are beginning to think I'm playing pocket pool.
Crazylegs

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I carry in my left front pants pocket in a DeSantis Super Fly without the flap. Therefore, the magazine release is on the outside. When I bump into things with my leg, the magazine has occasionally released. I also, frequently check the mag while in my pocket. Each time I found it released, I had bumped into something. Also, carrying a brief case with my left hand can sometimes cause the release when the case impacts my leg.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
kraigster414 said:
humm, left hand pocket for my lcp in a desantis and with tight jeans and riding a Harley, never had a magazine eve rpop loose-never. Same thing when I carried my kt 380 for over 2 years, never had that ever pop out.

Carry my kahr PM9 left pocket 24/7 in a desantis, never had that ever happen.

humm, very strange... I guess it can happen and it wold seem being on the left side witht he release more exposed to a hard bump but my above posts has never had it happen and I do not baby it when carrying.

Seems to me the desantis is very padded in that area to..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.