Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you are aware Innovative Arms does a great sight upgrade for the LCP and LCP II, which consists of machining/installing a front night sight, plain notch rear sight with cocking serrations, and refinish. All for a great price. Great company, highest praise. I had it done on my LCP years ago, and it's a game changer on that gun IMO.

The problem: I was in the queue to have my LCP II upgraded in April, but then THE 'RONA, and they haven't restarted production on sight upgrades now 6 months later. I have been unable to locate another source of this service. I'm turning to the body of Ruger knowledge for help.

The specific ask: Does anyone know of any other site offering a comparable sight upgrade for the LCP II? Innovative is my first choice, but it doesn't look like they'll be back in this business for some time, and I don't want to wait any longer.

PLEASE: I'd like to avoid having to wade through a lot of "Why do you want to do that?" or "I just use nail polish" or "It's a point and shoot gun!" I'm hoping to focus on the specific ask: are there any alternatives to Innovative Arms for this service?

Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know most of you are aware Innovative Arms does a great sight upgrade for the LCP and LCP II, which consists of machining/installing a front night sight, plain notch rear sight with cocking serrations, and refinish. All for a great price. Great company, highest praise. I had it done on my LCP years ago, and it's a game changer on that gun IMO.

The problem: I was in the queue to have my LCP II upgraded in April, but then THE 'RONA, and they haven't restarted production on sight upgrades now 6 months later. I have been unable to locate another source of this service. I'm turning to the body of Ruger knowledge for help.

The specific ask: Does anyone know of any other site offering a comparable sight upgrade for the LCP II? Innovative is my first choice, but it doesn't look like they'll be back in this business for some time, and I don't want to wait any longer.

PLEASE: I'd like to avoid having to wade through a lot of "Why do you want to do that?" or "I just use nail polish" or "It's a point and shoot gun!" I'm hoping to focus on the specific ask: are there any alternatives to Innovative Arms for this service?

Thanks.
Clearly you lost sight of what this weapon is intended for, I hope your fixation on sights does not get you hurt or worse. To each their own.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clearly you lost sight of what this weapon is intended for, I hope your fixation on sights does not get you hurt or worse. To each their own.
Just couldn't help yourself, could you? If you really believed in "to each their own," you wouldn't have felt compelled to comment.

Not here to debate; there's plenty of that in other threads. I'm looking for a point-out to a gunsmithing service.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I love my Ruger's the way they are for me they just work. Sights are personal for all shooters.
*My neighbor had Innovative Arms do a job on his LCPII and it is a dream to shoot. He is waiting for them do get back up for his other LCPII. As far as competitors to Innovative Arms unless you can find a Gunsmith locally to take on the project I do not know anyone that has a great site upgrade. It is your firearm so do what works for you. Times are really screwed up now for the industry and we can only hope for this mess to pass.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love my Ruger's the way they are for me they just work. Sights are personal for all shooters.
*My neighbor had Innovative Arms do a job on his LCPII and it is a dream to shoot. He is waiting for them do get back up for his other LCPII. As far as competitors to Innovative Arms unless you can find a Gunsmith locally to take on the project I do not know anyone that has a great site upgrade. It is your firearm so do what works for you. Times are really screwed up now for the industry and we can only hope for this mess to pass.
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
They are great sights, and so popular Ruger "stole" the concept in their LCP Custom. I'm amazed no one else has jumped on this bandwagon, but I'm coming up snake-eyes so far. I'm in the same boat as your neighbor. Wish us both luck.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It would be a simple task to add sights to your pistol. Even a hobby gunsmith could install them with a mini-mill if he/she has experience. The front sight would be a simple Glock style and the rear would be a dovetail type. Picking the right height and style will take some planning. A skilled old-timer gunsmith will have plenty on hand to choose from. Ruger performed this mod to the LCP Custom model like mine. I just for the fun of it drilled the front sight and added a fiber optic. Den

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be a simple task to add sights to your pistol. Even a hobby gunsmith could install them with a mini-mill if he/she has experience. The front sight would be a simple Glock style and the rear would be a dovetail type. Picking the right height and style will take some planning. A skilled old-timer gunsmith will have plenty on hand to choose from. Ruger performed this mod to the LCP Custom model like mine. I just for the fun of it drilled the front sight and added a fiber optic. Den
This is my thinking, too. Can't be too hard. If I can't find an "advertised service," I'm going to start poking around for a good gunsmith locally who can take on the project. Just preferred to find someone who "has the set up" and some experience on it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Even if you were able to find a gun Smith, do you think he is just sitting around waiting for work? Most likely he has a huge back log as well. If you do find a gun smith and find a sight to use, I would advise to only spend money on a Front NIGHT sight.
I saw a company on the net just a few minutes ago and they will do the service for $375.00 plus shipping. Ridiculous to spend that on a LCP. (Personally I would take that money and put toward a better gun for the future.)

Here is the company and you can call them but I doubt you will get quick service.
Ruger LCP ? Custom installer of Trijicon Night Sights

1 - 8 of 8 Posts