Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the correct tool to push the pins out of the blocker and sear on P Series (P-94).

1/16 inch appears too wide. Could be the pin is 1/16, but the tool needs to be a hair smaller to push the pin.

The smallest commonly available punches end at 1/16 inch. 3/64 inch would be the next smallest fractional, but not finding that available.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
That's pretty small. Since 1/16 punches are easy to find. you might put one in a vice and use a piece of emery cloth and reduce the size a bit. The old shoe shine method. Or you might find a nail the right size and file off the point. Get er done. Denny

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for the correct tool to push the pins out of the blocker and sear on P Series (P-94).

1/16 inch appears too wide. Could be the pin is 1/16, but the tool needs to be a hair smaller to push the pin.

The smallest commonly available punches end at 1/16 inch. 3/64 inch would be the next smallest fractional, but not finding that available.

Any suggestions?
How about a small hex key. Sets get pretty small. ie Allen wrench.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of sanding down the 1/16 inch punch, but the last 1/16 punch I ordered, arrived bent.

The hex tool isn't a bad idea as long as I pick one that the diameter across the points are small enough.

I think I got tunnel vision looking for a 3/64 inch punch. Not sure why it was not coming up searching the industrial supply websites, but 1/32 inch exists and is available in the under ten dollar, affordable punch category. My memory must also be getting bad, because that was the one I looked at as a disassembly tool for the LC9s takedown pin.

They should be including a takedown tool for the LC9s with those. Something like the lock key, but with a stud. Could be the lock key is the right size, but I have never seen one in person. Another idea, maybe pocket knife style folding with the round dowel instead of little blades.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts