Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately there's been some "paintball type" air powered pistols, that are NOT considered to be firearms, coming onto the market.
Looking at some of the videos showing what these pistols can do, could be valuable in a situation where the bad guy need not be dropped until they reach room temperature. This is the "byrna" non-lethal defense system that uses several types of projectiles the same caliber (69) as paintball guns, but these contain pepper spray and some have a steel ball wrapped in plastic that will inflict a nasty welt on an attacker.
Some prefer the use of pepper spray to ward off an attacker, but those cannisters don't have sights and are only good for short range. But hey, if you can wait until your attacker gets "bad-breath close", hope your spray does its job
This light weight pistol weighs much less than a TAZER, and has a range of 60 feet. Once the nasty person is hit "center-mass" with a pepper spray ball, a cloud of the contents engulfs his person and they drop to their knees immediately:

I can't say I'll use this to defend my life, if it ever comes to that, but it just might dissuade some drunken bum from pursuing his intent to do harm, or a pesky black bear that's up on our deck trying to make a meal out of our bird and hummer feeders.

·
Premium Member
My favorite firearm will always be my Ruger Standard with sights painted white by my grandfather
72 Posts
Looks interesting, but probably not advisable for training in indoor ranges.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts