Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LCRx 22LR has been awesome and I have really grown attached to it. Several range buddies have them also and we always take them to the range day. After we are done with centerfire practice we shoot rimfire and I just love it.
*I noticed a couple of them use Stingers for SD and home defense. If you use this LCRx for a nightstand gun what is the best round to use.
*My question are Stingers ok to use in this as a nightstand round for the home? Is it ok on a limited use?
Sleeve Font Gesture Line Art

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use the.22 LR Federal Punch Ammo & CCI Velocitor for self-defence in all my.22 LR rimfire handguns.

Reactions: rclark28

·
Registered
778 Posts
Stingers are absolutely OK to use in the sturdy Ruger revolver, so would be the new offering from Federal in their Defense Punch rounds, or the CCI Vellocitors.
I've tested several boxes of the "Punch" .22 rimfire ammunition and depending on the barrel length of the firearm being chosen, the Punch rounds will do pretty well at the distances involved inside a home:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Will 29 grains give sufficient penetration in all scenarios?

I wonder if something like this might be more effective.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Will 29 grains give sufficient penetration in all scenarios?

I wonder if something like this might be more effective.

View attachment 15415
I agree But I do know for a fact the 29 grain Federal Punch Ammo will penetrate a 400 Pound Feral Hogs skull from 50 yards fired from Ruger 10 /22 rifle putting it down & out with one shot, but I too Prefer the 40-grain Velocitor the best, In addition to Winchester & Browning offerings in a 40 Grain Hollow Point @1435 FPS also I like the retained weight of the 40 grain. But the 29 Grain Federal Punch Ammo should not be overlooked because when fired from my 20" barreled 10/22 Rifle the Velocity is a screaming 1,650 fps and from a 2" Revolver the Velocity is a smoking 1,070 FPS and I was surprised how accurate they are. I would like to see the CCI come out with a new round for Coyotes in a 40 Grain Flat Point for deeper penetration and hard-hitting at 1,550 fps they can call it the raptor.

Reactions: VoxEphemeral
1 - 6 of 6 Posts