Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for an LCP for quite a while now. Haven't really seen any available until last week, and then went to a gun show this weekend. Dark Sun Surplus had one on display for cheaper than anyone else at the show, and cheaper than my one of my local dealers so I thought what the heck.

I know a lot of people have been getting them for less than $329, but around here that is hard to beat.

I walked around at the show.... the first table I saw an LCP at had it on sale for $399. Some guy was all excited and I mentioned to him it was a rip off... he bought it anyways saying "You can't get em anywhere." Two more tables had 1 each, both for $350. I thought I would just find something else or save my money.

Finally I found one at Dark sun Surplus for 329.00 thought I would snag it before someone else did (Best Price at the Gunshow), and when I heard someone sold a P3AT for 375.00 It made feel a litter better for overpaying.

Little did I know Dark Sun was pulling the LCP's out of a blue metal jobsite container, and they left one on display all day. I saw them hand out LCP's literally the whole time I was there. I even got an extra mag for $23. People were snaggin em up like crazy. I saw the fitting the crimson trace laser onto the gun for many customers.

I enquired to one of the guys at Black Sun about how he got so many LCP's, and he smiled. He had 90 of them, and was supposed to get 60 more.

Black Sn always seems to have the stuff no one can get (XDM 9MM) magazines, Saiga 12, stuff like that. Now the LCP... weird.... they don't even have a store.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Rhoggman,

Interesting post. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your new Elise!!! Based on what I read and hear you paid a fair price. You should be pleased.

Down here in Southwest Florida the supply is still very tight. Guns dribble into the local dealer from his distributor 1,2 or 3 at a time. They are selling for $330 for those on the waiting list.

I am curious if your pistol is a serial number 370 or 371 series. Especially since he claimed to have 90 of them. :eek:

Regards, Quiet1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quiet1 said:
Rhoggman,

I am curious if your pistol is a serial number 370 or 371 series. Especially since he claimed to have 90 of them. :eek:

Regards, Quiet1
Mine has a 371 serial number prefix. Even his display model had the 371 prefix, so I would assume they were all like that.

No other dealer at the show had more than 1 LCP, and they were all $350 or above. Most of those LCPs remained on table for the rest of the day. Buzz was circulating around the show about Dark Sun having LOTS of LCPs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man I love to see these prices! It makes me feel sooooooo good about my LCP purchase. When I first heard about the new LCP's last year I called my local gun dealer Prices Creek Store in Burnsville, NC and said get me one. I didn't even ask the price because I've never seen much better prices anywhere. When the gun finally came in, he called me and said well I thought I could make it to you for $219 but I'm going to have to have $229 for it. Yep...Two hundred twenty nine! And he thought that would make me mad. Ha! Keep postin' them prices, I love it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Three-80 said:
Man I love to see these prices! It makes me feel sooooooo good about my LCP purchase. When I first heard about the new LCP's last year I called my local gun dealer Prices Creek Store in Burnsville, NC and said get me one. I didn't even ask the price because I've never seen much better prices anywhere. When the gun finally came in, he called me and said well I thought I could make it to you for $219 but I'm going to have to have $229 for it. Yep...Two hundred twenty nine! And he thought that would make me mad. Ha! Keep postin' them prices, I love it!
I paid $189 out the door, brand new! OK, I'm lying but I didn't want you to gloat too much. I paid $289 OTD. ;D

·
Registered
220 Posts
in michigan a place called randys hunting center, bad axe mi. always has LCP's over the counter and at gun shows, they sell alot over the internet big on ruger

·
Registered
86 Posts
Three-80 said:
$299 plus 1 extra mag+$100 gift certificate which i bought ammo with, brings gun price to $199.

·
Registered
35 Posts
skywagon said:
Three-80 said:
$299 plus 1 extra mag+$100 gift certificate which i bought ammo with, brings gun price to $199.
Now all you people do not start fallen off your chairs. Gander Mountian in Michigan 340.00 Plus tax. 370.00. Plus 180.00 for Crimson Trace Laser. the cost might be more than most but, Just love this stuff. I own lots of pistols, big and little, love this gun allways with me. That laser Helped put the LCP on top of them all... BIG or SMALL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.