Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the board, but could not find any information on this...

I have never been able to eject an unfired round from the chamber of my LCP. The round gets hung up and I have to use a tool to pry out the round. Its like the opening was designed only to eject a shell and not big enough to eject an unfired round. I am concerned because if, heaven forbid, I ever had a FTF when I was in a defense situation... I am not confident I can get the FTF round ejected.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

I have experienced this using Winchester Silvertips and Remington Golden Sabers.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I have zero issues ejecting any round out of my lcp, BUT i rack the slide fast to get ejector action also. If you baby it back then the ejector is not going to do its job.

assuming you have a couple hundred rounds down range already and the gun is broken in. If not, then you need to put some rounds down range . You should be able to eject a love round with ease in the lcp.

The back of the casing is still under the extractor and unless it is kicked out by the ejector, then indeed you will have a hangup. rack it fast and see what happens..

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
geod said:
What are you putting in your LCP. I use reloads and factory loads and never have the problems you guys have. you must use real cheap ammo .
cheap ammo, good ammo, they are all the same length. if they fit in the magazine, they should eject properly..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sounds like you possibly have a very dirty chamber. Do this. Disassemble the gun and brush the barrel and chamber really good with a wire brush and a good bore solvent. After drying the chamber and barrel with a clean patch, hold the barrel with end down, chamber up, and drop in a live shell. The round should drop in freely and go all the way in with no help. Now tip the barrel over the other way and the live round should fall out into your hand. If it don't then something is more serious is wrong. If this is so then you probably need to let Ruger have a look at the gun.

·
Registered
119 Posts
megatron_lcp said:
I searched the board, but could not find any information on this...

I have never been able to eject an unfired round from the chamber of my LCP. The round gets hung up and I have to use a tool to pry out the round. Its like the opening was designed only to eject a shell and not big enough to eject an unfired round. I am concerned because if, heaven forbid, I ever had a FTF when I was in a defense situation... I am not confident I can get the FTF round ejected.
Anyone else seeing this problem?
I have experienced this using Winchester Silvertips and Remington Golden Sabers.
The round that won't eject...was it fed into battery from the magazine or dropped into the chamber manually?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow...

Thanks for all of the replies... there is definitely a dedicated following on this forum...

The gun is spotless... so dirt was not the problem...

Jocko you were right on...
It turns out that I was just not racking the slide hard enough...
I just tried it again and the first time it hung up...
I pulled significantly harder and the live round ejected perfectly.
I did this again two more times and it ejected.

You definitely need to rack it hard to get it to eject, but now I know. I never had this problem with my Glock 9mm or my Walther PPK .380... maybe the LCP will loosen up a little more after I get some more rounds through it.

I am waiting to get the recall work done before running anymore rounds through it to make sure it comes back better than before ( I know there are some mixed results from the recall fix ).

Thanks again for the quick response and helping me put this concern of mine to rest.

·
Registered
226 Posts
"I am waiting to get the recall work done before running anymore rounds through it to make sure it comes back better than before ( I know there are some mixed results from the recall fix )."

This is not necessary, feel free to shoot the gun as much as you like, this recall has nothing to do with shooting the gun. It has to do with dropping the gun and the remote possibility that it will discharge. Shoot it, just don't drop it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
megatron_lcp said:
Thanks again for the quick response and helping me put this concern of mine to rest.
megatron, if you have a Dremmel with a felt bullet style polishing tip, use it with some polishing compound to polish the inside of the chamber, and the feed ramp, buffing both surfaces to a high luster. Next clean and lightly oil all friction surfaces on the frame and slide. Your time will be well spent, and produce a much smoother operating handgun, with less time required for break in..

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just had this problem a short time ago. I was using Buffalo Bore ammo, definitely not cheap stuff. I did try racking the slide again alot harder and faster and it worked. I did polish the ramp before ever shooting and have about 180 rounds through her and this is the first time I had the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.