Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there have a problem with pocket carrying the LCP in a pocket holster and leaving oil/grease marks on the outside of their pants. I'm getting tired of "skid marks" on the outside of my slacks/shorts by the front pocket. This happens even though the LCP has been wiped down completely. Using Bo Shield T9 for cleaning/lube seems to lessen the occurence since it is wax based.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I use One Shot on my LCP. It dries out and leaves a silicone film on the surface. No pocket lint sticks to the gun either. I used to use a dry graphite powder on a small chrome pistol that I didn't have to worry about rust issues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Most people use way too much "lube" oil or grease on their firearms. Generally a q tip with some oil or grease on it, minimal amount, wiped on the appropriate surface is all that is needed. It never looks like much, but the manufacturers all say, to use very small amounts of lubrication! That is my understanding. In addition, I would use a different pocket holster if your lube is coming through it. That is an indication in my mind that there is way to much on the firearm. I would try one from a quality holster manf., I use them and have never had this issue. that is what I suggest in IMHO!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone out there have a problem with pocket carrying the LCP in a pocket holster and leaving oil/grease marks on the outside of their pants. I'm getting tired of "skid marks" on the outside of my slacks/shorts by the front pocket. This happens even though the LCP has been wiped down completely. Using Bo Shield T9 for cleaning/lube seems to lessen the occurence since it is wax based.
A decent high quality gun grease will solve this problem. I switched to this type of lube because of this same problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most oil seeping out after a good wipe down comes from residual oil/cleaner remaining inside the gun.

After cleaning and oiling pistols, I use compressed air to blow excess oil and cleaning fluid out of it.

Blow inside frame, slide and crevices and wipe up excess fluid seeping out.

I don't get oily residue in my pockets or holsters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most oil seeping out after a good wipe down comes from residual oil/cleaner remaining inside the gun.
After cleaning and oiling pistols, I use compressed air to blow excess oil and cleaning fluid out of it.
Blow inside frame, slide and crevices and wipe up excess fluid seeping out.
This is also exactly how I do it. And as a final measure on my CCW, after reassembly I rack the slide open and leave it that way for a few hours because there may yet be some fluid settling downwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts