2,641 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is my pea, she was my very first EDC,
and was very happy till the LC9s Pro came along and took her place.​
She still comes out when it get warm.​
Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

She has a ton of little upgrades, like the Pachmayr grip sleeve, stainless steel guide rod, 13lb recoil spring, tool-less take-down pin,
and her magazines all have Garrison extensions, and MagGuts +1 conversions. I make sure to get her presents whenever her brother does.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here is my pea, she was my very first EDC,
and was very happy till the LC9s Pro came along and took her place.​
She still comes out when it get warm.​

She has a ton of little upgrades, like the Pachmayr grip sleeve, stainless steel guide rod, 13lb recoil spring, tool-less take-down pin,
and her magazines all have Garrison extensions, and MagGuts +1 conversions. I make sure to get her presents whenever her brother does.
Nice! Tell me more about the tool-less take-down pin.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice! Tell me more about the tool-less take-down pin.
Tandemkross makes a take-down pin that has the groove on only one side of the pin, and the front of the pin has a wide slot, like a flat head screw. If you rotate it one way, it locks in place as normal. But if you want to take out the pin, you rotate 180 degrees and it can be pulled out with no effort. There is a dot on the face of the pin, so you know if it's locked. You can rotate the pin with almost anything (I use my finger). It is very secure, and also removes the risk of scrape marks around the pin. I love it.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Tool-less-Takedown-Pin-for-LCP%C2%AE_p_106.html

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Have you ever found the pin rotated on it's own?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you ever found the pin rotated on it's own?
Turning the pin away from the notch requires a minor amount of effort, not so much that it requires a tool,
but more than enough to keep it from rotating on it's own. I have had it in for 5 years, and had zero experiences with it rotating on it's own.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Turning the pin away from the notch requires a minor amount of effort, not so much that it requires a tool,
but more than enough to keep it from rotating on it's own. I have had it in for 5 years, and had zero experiences with it rotating on it's own.
Good to hear. The reports of some tandemkross pins turning may be limited to LCPs with bad frames only. Those guns should be returned to Ruger rather than using aftermarket pins to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Damn, I was looking at the pin that Denny4kids linked to (seems good as well, though the new retaining spring that comes with it is underwhelming), when I decided to look at other LCP toys: They have an LCP Trigger Spring Kit that claims to bring the pull weight down to 4lbs or less!! It has a ton of positive comments (I've got some of their stuff already, and it's good.), and is $20. Guys, if this thing is decent, this could be awesome. I never had any interest in the aluminum sweet-pea triggers (I like my LCP simple), but this is just lighter springs. I suspect it will cause issues with some ammo (it will be a lighter strike), but it would be worth it. Thoughts??

Link to Trigger Kit

Auto part Tool accessory Suspension part

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Damn, I was looking at the pin that Denny4kids linked to (seems good as well, though the new retaining spring that comes with it is underwhelming), when I decided to look at other LCP toys: They have an LCP Trigger Spring Kit that claims to bring the pull weight down to 4lbs or less!! It has a ton of positive comments (I've got some of their stuff already, and it's good.), and is $20. Guys, if this thing is decent, this could be awesome. I never had any interest in the aluminum sweet-pea triggers (I like my LCP simple), but this is just lighter springs. I suspect it will cause issues with some ammo (it will be a lighter strike), but it would be worth it. Thoughts??

Link to Trigger Kit

View attachment 14368
I like the Gen2 trigger as is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the Gen2 trigger as is.
I have the Gen2 as well, and whenever I take her out to shoot at targets, the long hard trigger always ruins my aim. If I squeeze all the way till it is just about to break, then aim, I'm not bad, but that feels like a strange way to shoot (like a really bad SA revolver). With my LC9s (admittedly striker fired), I can aim before / through my pull and still expect to keep my aim. Are you saying you like the long firm pull cause it's a pocket pistol without a safety and the trigger is 'good enough' and the trigger serves as a safety (revolvers don't have a safety), or is your Gen2 trigger not pushing 10lbs.? I've taken to using the little rubber trigger stops, and would like a smoother lighter pull (I'm a little guy, and the pull is just a bit too much for me, over 7 or 8 rounds).

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Mine is less than 10lbs. Probably 7- 8 but I am only guessing. I like the whole feel of it. At the distances I shoot it at, it is plenty accurate. To me, it is how a pocket pistol should be. Target shooting and self defense carry/shooting are 2 different things. Maybe because I started shooting DA revolvers way back the longer trigger pulls don't bother me. My LC9 S PRO makes me nervous with one in the chamber. I will only carry it hot in a tight fitting kydex holster, never re holster it on my body, and remove the chambered round at home. I have seen my share of firearm misshapes over my years. Most with rifles. I don't feel comfortable being around others with guns, even law enforcement. I always hunted solo when I use to hunt. Too many Dick
Cheneys in the world.

Reactions: rclark28

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine is less than 10lbs. Probably 7- 8 but I am only guessing. I like the whole feel of it. At the distances I shoot it at, it is plenty accurate. To me, it is how a pocket pistol should be. Target shooting and self defense carry/shooting are 2 different things. Maybe because I started shooting DA revolvers way back the longer trigger pulls don't bother me. My LC9 S PRO makes me nervous with one in the chamber. I will only carry it hot in a tight fitting kydex holster, never re holster it on my body, and remove the chambered round at home. I have seen my share of firearm misshapes over my years. Most with rifles. I don't feel comfortable being around others with guns, even law enforcement. I always hunted solo when I use to hunt. Too many Dick
Cheneys in the world.
I will admit, my pull is closer to 8-9lbs, and I understand that I should not be looking for/ expecting a target style trigger, but as it is now, I worry that if I were to use it in a defensive situation, my desire for even some accuracy will be at odds with the heavy pull. I may very well go back to stock, but the kit is here, and I still have reasonable expectations. I'll give my objective opinion after I've tried it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
M*CARBO Spring Kit

So I just got back my LCP with the M*CARBO spring kit installed. Everyone at the LGS wanted to try it (LCPs and LCP IIs are big sellers there). There was no one who seemed worried about the trigger weight. There is still no take up, just a long steady pull, followed by the break. The difference in pull weight is dramatic. I would say the pull was less than 4lbs, but I know that's because you have a steady 3ish pound pull with the 4lbs at the break, so your mind fixates on the overall pull. The reset clicks (The LCP has the fake click before the real one) seem much more distinct. I tried one of their Gen 2 LCPs, so I could make a direct comparison, and the improvement is ludicrous. I now want to go shooting just to run through a box of 380! If you've ever shot the LCP for even a short while, you know how weird that sounds. The 13lb recoil spring, grip sleeve, and mag extension have already made the recoil tolerable, so...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Re: M*CARBO Spring Kit

So I just got back my LCP with the M*CARBO spring kit installed. Everyone at the LGS wanted to try it (LCPs and LCP IIs are big sellers there). There was no one who seemed worried about the trigger weight. There is still no take up, just a long steady pull, followed by the break. The difference in pull weight is dramatic. I would say the pull was less than 4lbs, but I know that's because you have a steady 3ish pound pull with the 4lbs at the break, so your mind fixates on the overall pull. The reset clicks (The LCP has the fake click before the real one) seem much more distinct. I tried one of their Gen 2 LCPs, so I could make a direct comparison, and the improvement is ludicrous. I now want to go shooting just to run through a box of 380! If you've ever shot the LCP for even a short while, you know how weird that sounds. The 13lb recoil spring, grip sleeve, and mag extension have already made the recoil tolerable, so...
Glad you have your LCP the way you want it. If you would, please compare the before and after primer strike indentations. Some think the light hammer spring will cause light primer strikes. Hopefully the strikes look the same and we may put that idea to rest. Den

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: M*CARBO Spring Kit

If you would, please compare the before and after primer strike indentations. Some think the light hammer spring will cause light primer strikes. Hopefully the strikes look the same and we may put that idea to rest. Den
Will do, I have some spent brass from a couple months back, so when I get out to shoot (which now might be a couple weeks), I will save a few to compare, and can even put up pictures. This all assumes I don't get light strikes and such, though the reviews of others have me very hopeful.

301 - 320 of 333 Posts