Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I like Kevlar6's project. The weapon shouldn't be any harder to conceal than any other suppressed weapon. I'm sure it cycles fine, the slide is what moves and the rear of the barrel just has to drop a little. Looks like clever use of the stock barrel and a 9mm can. The adapter is also very clever. Welcome to the forum Kevlar6, It looks like you can cross off another item on your "I want one of these" list. Well done! Denny

Reactions: Snewk

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Shooters have been adding can's to drop breach barrel pistols forever with minimal problems. What makes this one a little wierd is the use of a stock barrel and adapter for the 9mm can. Pretty clever. Den

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
With the techna clip is anything attached to the pin you replace?
The techna clip comes with a new pin and a screw. The clip is fastened to the pin with a screw. The clips design prevents it from moving, It is very well made and works like a good knife clip. Some shooters have also used the clip with a rubber grip that uses the pin to fasten the grip. They claim success by using a longer screw. The techna clip has come in handy. Den

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Weird photo better than no photo. What method did you use to fill in the Ruger logo?
Those are Ruger medallions that I found online. They were too thick so I had to make a jig safely hold the medallion while sanding about half of the thickness. To prep the weapon handle I used an xacto knife with a 1/4 chisel blade. It was easy to remove just the raised portion within the circle. A drop of epoxy glue holds them in. The medallions come in red and black and I thought the red would look good.
I modified the front sight and installed a fiber optic. It is really bright! The exposed part of the barrel got a jewel job. Den

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Those medallions look great! How did you do the fiber optics?
Thanks for the medallion complement Vexmaw!
For the fiber optics I removed the front sight from the Custom. The sight was mounted in my hobby vice protected with soft jaws. The sight already has a hole started for their insert so I simply drilled the hole all the way through. I used the hand drill my Dad gave me when I was 8 or so. A small bevel was made on each end of the hole. A window was filed in the top middle of the sight to let light in. After all the sharp edges were removed, the sight was cold blued. Next the fiber was installed. It came from an unused shotgun front sight. Cut to length and heat each end to form a little ball. Den

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Re: M*CARBO Spring Kit

So I just got back my LCP with the M*CARBO spring kit installed. Everyone at the LGS wanted to try it (LCPs and LCP IIs are big sellers there). There was no one who seemed worried about the trigger weight. There is still no take up, just a long steady pull, followed by the break. The difference in pull weight is dramatic. I would say the pull was less than 4lbs, but I know that's because you have a steady 3ish pound pull with the 4lbs at the break, so your mind fixates on the overall pull. The reset clicks (The LCP has the fake click before the real one) seem much more distinct. I tried one of their Gen 2 LCPs, so I could make a direct comparison, and the improvement is ludicrous. I now want to go shooting just to run through a box of 380! If you've ever shot the LCP for even a short while, you know how weird that sounds. The 13lb recoil spring, grip sleeve, and mag extension have already made the recoil tolerable, so...
Glad you have your LCP the way you want it. If you would, please compare the before and after primer strike indentations. Some think the light hammer spring will cause light primer strikes. Hopefully the strikes look the same and we may put that idea to rest. Den

1 - 18 of 18 Posts