Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I’m new on here. I just purchased my LCP MAX today. I had an LC9 back in 2010, but had to let it go because I didn’t like the long trigger pull. Now jumping ahead 11 years to the present.
I wanted a pocket pistol, so I went to the gunshop and put this one in my hand. I fell in love!
Now for the rest… I got it home and pulled it out of the box. I noticed the slide seems to be loose, both up and down, and side to side. I don’t have any 380 ammo for it as The shop I was at did not have any. So I don’t know if a loaded mag would get rid of the slop. If I shake my hand you can hear it rattle. I have never had a pistol that the slide was loose like this. Is it normal for the LCP MAX?
Thanks in advance,
Pew pew

·
Registered
778 Posts
to the forum from Northwestern Wisconsin. I haven't had the opportunity to handle any of the LCP Max pistols as yet, but NO, I would not think that much noticeable looseness would be normal.
I can only vouch for the LC9 and LC9s, and verify that the slides on those two pistols was very secure with no looseness. You might want to contact Ruger Customer Service and inquire about what you've found. Those there are much better informed about how the Max should be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m new on here. I just purchased my LCP MAX today. I had an LC9 back in 2010, but had to let it go because I didn’t like the long trigger pull. Now jumping ahead 11 years to the present.
I wanted a pocket pistol, so I went to the gunshop and put this one in my hand. I fell in love!
Now for the rest… I got it home and pulled it out of the box. I noticed the slide seems to be loose, both up and down, and side to side. I don’t have any 380 ammo for it as The shop I was at did not have any. So I don’t know if a loaded mag would get rid of the slop. If I shake my hand you can hear it rattle. I have never had a pistol that the slide was loose like this. Is it normal for the LCP MAX?
Thanks in advance,
Pew pew
Hello, I have an LCP Max and the slide is not loose at all. It does not rattle. I will tell you though if you do not like the long trigger pull then you will not like the trigger pull on the LCP Max. I just sent mine to Ruger for the same issue. They told me that since the LCP is considered a pocket pistol and it does not have a safety, it is designed with the long trigger pull to help prevent it from accidentally being fired in your pocket.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts