Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay yall, my gun has never locked open after firing the last shot. what is it that makes the slide lock open? gun was bought new in box. I know the original LCP mags will have this effect. on a LCP II , did Ruger possibly supply the wrong magazine? How can I tell the difference between the two magazines?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
today I finally took time to tear into this problem I find that if I push up on the mag it will catch and lock the slide open I need to figure if the mag slot is too wide or the catch in the frame is too small. Guess I will call Ruger about it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hay yall, my gun has never locked open after firing the last shot. what is it that makes the slide lock open? gun was bought new in box. I know the original LCP mags will have this effect. on a LCP II , did Ruger possibly supply the wrong magazine? How can I tell the difference between the two magazines?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i don’t see how Ruger would supply the wrong magazine. It only makes one double stack 3380 magazine.
today I finally took time to tear into this problem I find that if I push up on the mag it will catch and lock the slide open I need to figure if the mag slot is too wide or the catch in the frame is too small. Guess I will call Ruger about it
Sounds like a magazine issue. I read posts on other Ruger forums that lead me to think so.
When you insert the mag do you give it a rap on the bottom to assure it is fully seated? The fact that the slide locks back when you apply pressure makes me think that it could be a seating issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i don’t see how Ruger would supply the wrong magazine. It only makes one double stack 3380 magazine.

Sounds like a magazine issue. I read posts on other Ruger forums that lead me to think so.
When you insert the mag do you give it a rap on the bottom to assure it is fully seated? The fact that the slide locks back when you apply pressure makes me think that it could be a seating issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dw thanks for the response. when installed the mag and it is fully seated, there is just the least bit of play up and down, may be 1/16 of an inch or so. also this is an LCP11 single stack 6 shot mag. thanks

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
You might want to make the call to Ruger. You could have the repair made and your weapon returned already. Den

·
Registered
2 Posts
Barely touching the slide release with a forward thumb grip can defeat the slide catch for the MT mag lock. Try one handed with thumb lower on grip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts