Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been reading some issues having the slide lock no activating properly after you shoot the last round but mine is locking after every round. I proceeded to field strip and check for debris holding it up but it was clean still (only had fired 12 rounds through). I noticed that the slide stop had no downward pressure on it and if I pushed it up it stayed up. I tried adding a couple drops of lube to see if it would loosen up, and I fired another 48 rounds through and still had the issue about 4 times per reload. I'm not seeing anything online about this issue, I hope its a quick fix.

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
Hello,

I have been reading some issues having the slide lock no activating properly after you shoot the last round but mine is locking after every round. I proceeded to field strip and check for debris holding it up but it was clean still (only had fired 12 rounds through). I noticed that the slide stop had no downward pressure on it and if I pushed it up it stayed up. I tried adding a couple drops of lube to see if it would loosen up, and I fired another 48 rounds through and still had the issue about 4 times per reload. I'm not seeing anything online about this issue, I hope its a quick fix.
Call Ruger's Customer Service right away. They may want the pistol sent to them (at their expense) so they can analyze and repair the problem. They would then send the pistol directly to your home.

I suspect you have a problem with a spring and they should find and fix that quickly.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Call Ruger customer Service and explain to them your problem. They will advise you what to do next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts