Ruger Pistol Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have encountered a problem with my LCP II.

I field stripped my LCP II last night for a typical cleaning session. I accidentally dropped my LCP II frame on the floor and the magazine spring and mag release popped out of the gun... I tried putting these parts back in, but realized there is no way to reinstall the magazine release spring without removing the metal trigger assembly insert.

So I removed all 3 pins in the body of my LCP II. Upon removal of that 3rd smaller pin closest to the grip, the sear and hammer catch spring came out.

Well I managed to get my magazine release all back together, but now I am struggling to figure out the right way to reinstall my sear/hammer catch spring (parts #18 & 19 in the LCP II instruction manual). The only videos I can find online of a full disassembly/reassembly of the LCP are for the original LCP...and the videos aren't to good.

The sear for the LCP II is slightly different than the original. It seems easy enough to get these parts back into place, I just want to ensure they are in the correct orientation.

Can anyone help me with this? Does anyone have a detailed video of the sear/hammer catch spring reinstallation? Or pics?

Pls help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
FNcyborg, I hope you can help me, since it looks like you got yours back together. My situation almost identical to yours, except I can't get the sear, spring and pin in correctly, I have been at it for hours and I'm frustrated as all hell. Can you please help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang, it's been so long since this happened I can't even remember. I could show you in person probably but...yeah. You mainly have to line up the holes right and figure out how to set the spring in the proper way. I used the LCP2 exploded diagram from the manual and youtube videos to figure mine out. To be safe though, these things should be done by a "qualified gunsmith".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts