Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Not only am I new to the LCP II, but to semi-auto pistols in general.

This may be a stupid question but here goes.

Is it by design that the slide won't lock back when racking w/o a mag (empty or full) inserted? Or is there an issue with my gun?
At first I thought I must be such a miserable weakling that I couldn't pull the slide back far enough.
Then it occurred to me to insert an empty 6 round magazine and the slide locked back.
Now I cannot release the mag. The release button doesn't budge. Am I doing something wrong?
Please be gentle. I freely admit my ignorance. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slide is all the way back. It is stuck open. I just reread my post. It should have read the SLIDE is stuck. The magazine isn't the issue. I had already removed it w/o a problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Most likely the hammer is holding the slide back. I had that happen once. I called Ruger Custome Service ands they put a fellow on the line who explained how to correct it. It was years ago and I do not remember exactly what had to be done, but it was simple. I think the method was to push back on the barrel, but better to call Ruger.

·
Registered
137 Posts
User error. I handed it to the gun guy and he just closed the slide like there was nothing wrong with the gun. :)
I have the hang of it now. The slide release sucks so I just pull sharply on the side and it snaps shut.
I would suggest you NOT CARRY the weapon until you are totally familiar with the operation of this weapon. I understand you are a new owner, but you have missed the very basics my friend. I tell my defensive carry students who do not have handgun carry experience to get a revolver.....much safer and easier to use, and it goes bang every time! A semi-auto in the hands of an inexperienced person is dangerous and reckless to say the least. I am not meaning to be hard on yoiu but you clearly should go take some instructional classes before you injure yourself or someone else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would suggest you NOT CARRY the weapon until you are totally familiar with the operation of this weapon. I understand you are a new owner, but you have missed the very basics my friend. I tell my defensive carry students who do not have handgun carry experience to get a revolver.....much safer and easier to use, and it goes bang every time! A semi-auto in the hands of an inexperienced person is dangerous and reckless to say the least. I am not meaning to be hard on yoiu but you clearly should go take some instructional classes before you injure yourself or someone else.
Momma didn't raise any idiots. I'm taking firearms training. I also have revolvers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts