Ruger Pistol Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I took my new LCP II to the range today and experienced 14 light strikes out of 100 rounds fired. The ammo was half CCI Stinger and CCI mini mags. My question is should I continue to test other brands of ammo or send it to Ruger and have them look into it. Thanks.

· Administrator
4,795 Posts
If I was you I would definitely be testing other ammo and keep the results for later review. If you are still having an issue, then I would call Ruger customer service and tell them about the issue and tell them about the data you collected on all the ammo you used (tested). Then, they will advise you on what to do next.

· Registered
146 Posts
Hi, I took my new LCP II to the range today and experienced 14 light strikes out of 100 rounds fired. The ammo was half CCI Stinger and CCI mini mags. My question is should I continue to test other brands of ammo or send it to Ruger and have them look into it. Thanks.
Light strikes with 2 different types of rimfire ammo, I would send it back to Ruger now. Certainly do not carry it for self defense. Remember, there is no second strike capability(on the same round). Personally, I do not trust rimfire ammo for self defense.

· Registered
1 Posts
You can email customer service through their website and get a response next day if you don't want spend time to call. They sent me a return label for my LCP 380 and I sent it in for some extraction problems. They fixed it with a new slide, tested it with 30 rounds, and had it back to FedEx the same day they received it. Two days later back in my hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts