Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New poster, so please forgive me if I started a new topic incorrectly.

First outing of 100 rounds ran fine. Fiocchi 95gr JHP.

Second outing of 100 rounds, same ammo, around round #170, experienced stovepipe and noticed take down pin was 3/4 of the way sticking out. Cleared jam, pushed pin back in, and finished the box with no further issues. After range trip, stripped and cleaned. Upon inspection, I noticed the take down spring looked like it sat very low in the take down hole, barely enough to engage the pin, and much lower then my original LCP which is roughly 1/3 of the way up in the pin hole, and with which I have had no issues with. And yes, I take care upon insertion of the pin, pushing down on the spring at an angle, before fully inserting.

I talked to Ruger, and they offered to send me a new spring, but mentioned that doing so would void my warranty! I opted to send it to them, already received a RMA.

On a different note, I noticed when you rack the gun with no mag in it, the slide has a lot of sideways play in it. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Orlando, Florida. Biggiewood, you got to keep us posted on what Ruger does to your LCPII. :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.