Ruger Pistol Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering why I couldn't get past the first round successfully. The friggin' extractor is gone!!

How does an extractor just disappear?

On the way back to Ruger...

Is it easy to just drop in another extractor and pin it? Is that all that holds the extractor in is that slide pin behind it? (Pin is gone too).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My LCP II 380 did the exact same thing as yours during my last visit to the range. I figured it was the cheap Monarch steel casing rounds I was using. I had shot them before and had no issues. The last two rounds I shot needed a screwdriver to push out of the chamber. At that time I never noticed the extractor missing. While cleaning the handgun later is when I noticed the extractor, extractor plunger, and extractor spring all missing. If they were on the floor at the range, I could forget about retrieving them. The Ruger was purchased in Sept of 2021 and I bet there hasn't been 300 rounds shot through it yet. Got in touch with service department at Ruger and they are sending replacement parts with a note if it continues acting up, just return the pistol for their inspection. The local gun shop I purchased the handgun from has a "lifetime" repair on weapons they sell. I contacted them and was told when the pars come they would install. Sad part about this entire situation is that my confidence in the pistol is low now after this issue I will get rid of it and try something new. I really like the pistol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering why I couldn't get past the first round successfully. The friggin' extractor is gone!!

How does an extractor just disappear?

On the way back to Ruger...

Is it easy to just drop in another extractor and pin it? Is that all that holds the extractor in is that slide pin behind it? (Pin is gone too).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Third time to return to Ruger for flying/failed extractor. Ridiculous

61 - 63 of 63 Posts